Antarctica X with FTX NZSI scenery problem?

YoYo

Did You noticed than FTX New Zealand South Island has a problem if You have Antarctica X too ?

http://www.orbxsyste...040#entry352040

http://www.orbxsyste...d-antarctica-x/

No trees/buildings of autogen (in FTX scenery) if You have this two sceneries. If You deactivate Antarctica, NZSI has a custom buildings but no still autogen.

For me problem extists on south part of Island.

Examples:

enb2011121718566.th.jpg enb20111217185818.th.jpg

Is it possible than Antarctica X uses buildings or canceled from New Zealand region ?

Is a problem of addon of Aerosoft or FTX or both? How to solve it?

BTW (edit):

Ok, it works for me too. I did unactivation Ocenania via FTX Central (Setup FSX default). Next deactivate Antarcticta X from FSX menu>Addons. Next activate Oceania again.

My autogen come back in New Zealand. Ufff...

But will be nice to do something with no nessesery do this deactiviation of Antarctica X if I take Oceania option.

Antarctica X is a great scenery too!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think we have to wait for an answer from Sascha.

I myself expected problems with Orbx software (I got nearly all of their sceneries) sooner or later, as it seems to me that they somehow don't stick to FSX standards. Or why ist it necessary to switch FTX off via FTXCentral when flying outside FTX areas?

I can second Yoyos problems, I have Antarctica X too. But I know that Sasha will get a copy of NZ South to sort out the problems between this two addons.

BTW as a NZSI User you shoud take a look at the FTX Forums. This problem (and others) are known there and there are possible solutions availible.

Problem is I can't see this issue on my system with Antarctica X and ORBX's NZ South Island activated. Which version of Windows are you using and what's the FSX you use? AccPack or SP2?

This problem (and others) are known there and there are possible solutions availible.

Can you point us at a thread there, please? Couldn't find anything in their forums searching for Antarctica.

Bests,

Sascha

Can you point us at a thread there, please? Couldn't find anything in their forums searching for Antarctica.

Found it.

Although I can't see this issue on my system I'm pretty sure this has to do with some area excludes that extend too far north in Antarctica X (as I found out today when scanning the files in question for bugs). Attached is a file that will hopefully solve the problem. Unzip it to the following folder and overwrite the existing file.

FSX\Aerosoft\Antarctica X\Scenery\

Does it work then?

Bests,

Sascha

Antarctica_Excludes.zip

Hi Sascha

Did a test with the new file and buildings are now present at Queenstown with Antarctica X with higer priority than FTX New Zealand. Great work!

No it is not mandatory, but it doesn't matter now if it has higher or lower priority. You have buildings all over NZSI with the new exclude file either way.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Not exactly.

Ok, perhaps FTX NZSI works better now... but for me very important is Antarctica too. So I tested Antarctica first (I think many will do test of NZSI first without Antarctica X) and...

See shots. With new Excludes.bgl I start to see.... trees. What I did? FTX is offline. Only Antarctica X is active.

In too same place - with new Excludes.bgl see some trees on ground (shots 1 & 2). I saved a flight, used the old file and... no trees in this place (shot 3). I tested some part of Antarctica Region .

enb20111219194825.th.jpg enb20111219194927.th.jpg enb20111219195345.th.jpg

So now I used old file of Excludes.bgl and turn on/off Antarctica manually. Waiting for the next file ;) .

Perhaps better for FTX NZSI but....

Not exactly...

I assume that you took those screenshots around Marambio but without any coordinates given that is difficult to tell. Did you switch back to default terrain BEFORE loading Antarctica (and reloading FSX) using FTX Central? That's an essential step because as discussed so many times before FTX Terrain shouldn't be activated when flying outside the areas it covers.

Bests,

Sascha

I assume that you took those screenshots around Marambio but without any coordinates given that is difficult to tell. Did you switch back to default terrain BEFORE loading Antarctica (and reloading FSX) using FTX Central? That's an essential step because as discussed so many times before FTX Terrain shouldn't be activated when flying outside the areas it covers.

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha for sure. First did unchecked additional sceneries from FTX central - stayed with default FSX, next addthis file and activate Antarctica X from FS Menu Addons. Will do again for test. You have right, its near Marambio base, I still enjoyed this Region and explore each day. Antarctica is very big :), rest will be next time for whole winther 2011/2012 ;). Start from 23 direction and fly ahead, near airfiled right side.

As You propose I did test again. FSX always surprises. Looks ok now. I did too same what I did before :)

1/ FTX Oceania off

2/ Antarctica X is checked as ok in Scenery menu folder

I lose my Christmas trees, no gifts, no trees, I understand fully ; > now.

See shots with this settings in too same place of Antarctica and NZSI.

Antarctica (no Christmas trees)

enb20111219221420.th.jpg enb20111219221518.th.jpg

New Zealand (autogen & custom buildings)

enb2011121922262.th.jpg enb2011121922292.th.jpg

I think this file is ok (but I need explore more). Thank You Sascha!

No it is not mandatory, but it doesn't matter now if it has higher or lower priority. You have buildings all over NZSI with the new exclude file either way.

Thank you Fred for the advice and thank you Sascha for the quick fix!

• Deputy Sheriffs

YoYo it would be very helpfull, if you could attach your screenshots directly to the post. The advertising popping up at imageshack is annoying.

Thanks.

Good to see it solved and sorry for the mess! I don't know what got into me to extend the excludes so far north.

Thanks very much to everone who helped solving this bug.

Good to see the Antarctic Center in Christchurch is part of NZSI, which makes it a perfect starting point for flights to McMurdo (of course it's recommended to reload FSX halfway down and switching back to default FSX terrain using FTX Central as recommended previously).

Bests,

Sascha

• Deputy Sheriffs
(of course it's recommended to reload FSX halfway down and switching back to default FSX terrain using FTX Central as recommended previously).

How can you do this? As I understood, FTXCentral only works, when FSX is shut down. So IMHO there are only 2 solutions:

1. Save the flight, close FSX, switch to default and restart FSX and reload the saved flight.

2. Insert FTX below all other sceneries, using the "library insertion point" functionality of FTXCentral.

Did anybody try the one or other solution?

well i havent tryeid it in that part of the world but if you want to switch on and off the programs like FTXCentral just simply manualy disable in the Scenery Library when you want to switch unmark them in there dont delt them as that makes trouble. press ok and it should reload and all should be fine. but can´t garati it normaly works whit out problems as far as i remember. (a fix at the moment)

well i havent tryeid it in that part of the world but if you want to switch on and off the programs like FTXCentral just simply manualy disable in the Scenery Library when you want to switch unmark them in there dont delt them as that makes trouble. press ok and it should reload and all should be fine. but can´t garati it normaly works whit out problems as far as i remember

I would guarantee neither that this will work. FTX Central changes much more than just scenery library entries, which makes a reboot of FSX the safest option for everyone if you leave the ORBX/FTX area. Of course that's not a very nice option if you use a complex aircraft that doesn't support saving all parameters of a flight (like PMDG) but that's just the way it is.

ORBX is doing some great sceneries that go beyond the limits of FSX but there's a price for that. Although I think that they have very well considered that the upsides of a tool like FTX Central outweigh the downsides.

Bests,

Sascha

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would guarantee neither that this will work. FTX Central changes much more than just scenery library entries, which makes a reboot of FSX the safest option for everyone if you leave the ORBX/FTX area. Of course that's not a very nice option if you use a complex aircraft that doesn't support saving all parameters of a flight (like PMDG) but that's just the way it is.

ORBX is doing some great sceneries that go beyond the limits of FSX but there's a price for that. Although I think that they have very well considered that the upsides of a tool like FTX Central outweigh the downsides.

Bests,

Sascha

That's what I was thinking too. And this is the only thing about Orbx I don't like, that you have to switch between sceneries. But hopefully during the next week I can test lowering the scenery entires for FTX.

Speaking about FTX Central.......When it is set at "DEFAULT" I still get square ground textures (snow not blended in the ground textures).

According to the manual setting FTX Central to default will solve that issue.....in my case it is not!!

Cheers,

Hank