Mega airport Frankfurt X

jay907uk

Hi,

I've just updated to version 2.02 for FS9 but notice I've not got the new runway showing just the grass and the signs with ILS approach lights.

I have noticed on the support page there was a update version 2.01 for fs2004 which I haven't downloaded and installed could this be why I'm not seeing the new runway as I've not installed update 2.01? Just gone and done update 2.02

Can I install the update 2.01 and the re-run update 2.02? Or should I uninstall Mega airport frankfurt X and then reinstall and then do the updates?

I hope I've aded pics ok and there not to big didn't now any other way?

Thanks

Jason Thompson

post-2126-0-09324700-1323971431_thumb.jp

post-2126-0-00784300-1323971451_thumb.jp

post-2126-0-39569700-1323971469_thumb.jp

Hi

I have a question regarding fs9 version of MAF .

I installed all the updates and It works ok, but I notice strange texture in front of rwy25C.

Could You please check?

Same observation from another fs9 simmer.

Image attached. Is this normal to see that grey texture in front of 25C

Thanks

post-449-0-90507000-1324325661_thumb.jpg

post-449-0-03060400-1324325680_thumb.jpg

Edin

Just purchased Mega Airport Frankfurt X last night and am having the same problem as Jason, but in FSX. The download version is 1.04, and I then installed the 1.05 update.

The area where the new 07L/25R runway is located shows runway and taxi lights, but no runway/taxiway textures. In the attachment you can also see that there is no bridge where the taxiway crosses the roadway.

Also, in the Create a Flight window when I select EDDF, the aircraft placement list shows only the old runway designations, but selecting 07L placed me on 07C. So there is also no way to place your aircraft on 07L or 25R.

I also have the latest versions of UTX Europe and GEX Europe installed, in case this matters.

Anything I can do to fix these issues?

Thanks for your help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Edin,

I will check, in the mean time is anyone else seeing this.

I'm not seeing the grass runway, and my the new runway works perfectly for me. I taxied up and down to it from the ramp and no issues. Also a turn in the pattern.

I do see a little bit of the grey-green area also noted, but not as distinct as the posting. I guess that's due to color balancing in the picture and on my monitor.

Just purchased Mega Airport Frankfurt X last night and am having the same problem as Jason ...The area where the new 07L/25R runway is located shows runway and taxi lights, but no runway/taxiway textures.

Problems fixed. I had an old AF2 file for EDDF that was interfering with the update. Once removed everything looks as it should.

Are 07L and 25R supposed to appear in the aircraft placement list in Create a Flight? Don't have those in my list.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Problems fixed. I had an old AF2 file for EDDF that was interfering with the update. Once removed everything looks as it should.

Are 07L and 25R supposed to appear in the aircraft placement list in Create a Flight? Don't have those in my list.

Thanks.

It was pointed out in another post that the new north runway (07L/25R) is for arrivals only, hence they're not on the departure runway list in FSX.

Hi!

Thanks for great update! I was wonder about the traffic beside the new runway, will you make bridges in fs9, the motortraffic seems to zink under the ground?

Hello Shaun,

Little problem of cars and trucks riding on the highway and crossing new taxiways P1 and P6 after landing on the new rwy 25R with Mega airport Frankfurt X boxed version 1.01 updated with FIX 1.04 and after with FIX 1.05! See pictures in atachment files, except this everythings perfect, any idea, a fix expected?

Happy new year to the Aerosoft team

post-31902-0-96154600-1325872122_thumb.j

post-31902-0-71997200-1325872261_thumb.j

post-31902-0-15033100-1325872316_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

I tried a search for the post I thought I saw about this about the time it was released, but couldn't find it. IIRC, originally, the developer had another project or two in the queue and wasn't going to get around to the new runway at EDDF. Shortly afterwards, however, this patch was released, but with the caveat that it was not a full fix. I think the traffic issue was specifically noted as one of the costs of a quick fix.

Obviously, it's known how to code this (EDDM and EDDP come to mind), so I think it's just time for patience until we get the full update.

Hello Shaun,

Many thanks for your quick respons.

Indeed it's only some of the cars and trucks who are crossing taxiways P1 and P6, not all of them, let us say approximatively 50%...

Good evening

• Developer

Please unpack und replace the File in the attached ZIP-File into the <FSX>\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt\SCENERY Folder and override the old one.

This should remove all FSX generate roadtraffic around the airport, where AESlite traffic is in place.

MAF Roadtraffic Fix.zip

Hi Oliver,

Many thanks for the fix, quick!

Before to install it I will try to uncheck the "A3 West" traffic option in the EDDF AES Lite traffic manager, it should solve the problem, if no I will install the fix.

I'll keep you inform...

Brgds

• Developer

Hi Oliver,

Many thanks for the fix, quick!

Before to install it I will try to uncheck the "A3 West" traffic option in the EDDF AES Lite traffic manager, it should solve the problem, if no I will install the fix.

I'll keep you inform...

Brgds

What you see there crossing the runway is not the AESlite Traffic, it's the FSX generate Roadtraffic, which you can disable only via the FS->Settings>Display>Traffic Menu, but then it is global off.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please unpack und replace the File in the attached ZIP-File into the <FSX>\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt\SCENERY Folder and override the old one.

This should remove all FSX generate roadtraffic around the airport, where AESlite traffic is in place.

Oliver, you're just the BEST! Thank you for the fix.