AES not OK

rocky

I have just purchased 20 credits and installed most of my airports with AES 2.20a. Howevr, the first time I ran AES I found several issues, the first being a freeze of the pop up info window with the list of actions. No matter how many times I hit both F10 or F12 I could not get rid of it. This was extremely frustrating as I had to cancel my flight after a 30 minute preflight! The other issue was during pushback the NGX was pushed dirtectly into the side of a taxiing 747! I also saw a service vehicle driving through the side of the NGX also. Oli, or anyone could you please offer some advice, thanks.

• Developer

Sorry,

but the issue with the Window I never had and have no reports for that. The window itself could not "freeze" and should be always closeable via the X with the mouse. Based on you statements, I have no idea what happens there.

Regarding the pushback: AES could not see the other AI airplanes, so you should take care that the area is free and press the brake if there is someone crossing.

When you use an airport with AESlite feature, then the vehicles will take care about you, the other FS or scenery generated Traffic is not under control of AES.

Hi Oli, sure, I understand about the pushback, I guess that is logical. As for the window freezing, maybe it was a one off event. I will keep an eye on things in the future. Thanks

The other issue was during pushback the NGX was pushed dirtectly into the side of a taxiing 747!

Sounds like pilot error, Howard. Assuming you filed an IFR flight plan, you probably forgot to request taxi clearence before you pushed back. ATC would've told you to hold your position.