Bush Hawk XP rudder inop after landing

IGrant

On two flights in a row now I am unable to exit the runway and taxi because my rudder freezes up. The pedals (in the VC) and the actual rudder will 'flutter' when I try to input in either direction but is mostly stuck in the neutral position. I have full rudder capabilities in the air leading up to landing but as soon as I land it becomes locked. I was having some strange issues as a result of a conflict between the RXP GNS430 and FSEconomy which I found a way around. (The issue was bad stuttering and screen tearing when switching views). I don't know if one of the two are the culprit this time as well but it is very strange. I can still fly the plane and make my destination so it is not really a critical problem but it sure is a bummer to land and have to shut down on the runway because I can't taxi off.

I did one more flight last night and was able to maintain rudder control after landing. I use pedals and no auto coordination so I am sure my problem is not the same as the link you share, though it was a very good read and helped rule some things out. It seems like a control conflict the way the animations react- if I input right rudder the rudder moves right some but jumps back and forth rapidly and after a moment returns to center. I thought perhaps some how an autopilot mode was getting turned on so I double checks all that. Flying this aircraft with FSEconomy it actually 'doesn't' have an autopilot so FSE disables it which obviously could lead to issues but I am quite sure that was not the problem. I will continue to fly it and see if the problem pops up again. One interesting thing I did run into is on my last flight I wasn't able to move the flaps after I started up and was running through the checklist. I reset failures (i wish it remembered your setting by the way and didn't default to 'normal') and that didn't solve it so I selected a different BushHawk model, checked their operation which seemed to be fine, I switched back and the problem was cured. I am not sure what is at play here but for some reason the BushHawk likes to inhibit my control inputs at random times.

The issue seems to have resolved itself. After having the controls ice up on my during a recent flight I can say that the behavior was very similar but unexpected. The times that it happened were in clear air and in Utah, USA which was at high altitude but I don't recall it being terribly cold. At any rate, I haven't had an issue with it in the past few days so I have been flying my BushHawk happily.