AES at AES Airports

rocky

Hi Oli, I have only just recently started using AES and have to say I'm pretty impressed. However, I am a little confused. As I understand, there are a number of UKscenery2000 airports covered with Aerosoft's AES but UKscenery2000 have their own AES. I noticed when parked at gate 1 at EGGD there seemed to be a load of service vehicles arguing for the same spot! Does this mean there is a conflict, or I simply need to move my aircraft to a gate not covered by UKscenery's AES? Thanks for the product and I look forward to your reply.

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

Hallo Rocky,

When you're installing any product from UK2000 Scenery, on final of setup appears a Windows with some options to choose. On that window you have to choose if you want to activate "Service Fleet" from UK2000 or not. On my modest opinion, my option goes to "not select" because you can use this awesome feature from Aerosoft and with this choice you disable future conflicts between both softwares.

Sure, that's cool, Thanks fellas, I'll do that straight away and start experimenting with Oli's AES!

EDIT: Quick question... what kind of framerate hit if any can I expect with AES?

• Developer

Try it, nobody can say, how your PC is performing. But I think, you will have other things killing you Frames much more and AES is not effecting frames, until you are parked at the position and then Frames are not the most critical part, as long as you go not below the 15 and that will not generated by AES.

Try it, nobody can say, how your PC is performing. But I think, you will have other things killing you Frames much more and AES is not effecting frames, until you are parked at the position and then Frames are not the most critical part, as long as you go not below the 15 and that will not generated by AES.

Hi Oli, sure that sounds logical. Hey, I've just fired things up and am a little bemused. I have configured the NGX with one cargo vehicle and two air stairs. I have ended up with two cargo vehicles and three airstairs, each driving into one another. When I call for the catering vehicle, which arrive as two, they drive through the passenger bus. When the airstairs backup they the drive through the two buses!! Any ideas? There appears to be too many vehicles....

EDIT; Just tried it at Corfu airport and it is the same. Three airstairs, with the front two jockeying for position and two catering vans that collide as they both go to the front of the aircraft!

• Developer

Maybe your config is not correct. What AES Version you use? 2.14 or 2.20? If 2.20, did have the Fix 1.

For the NGX you must set the front and the rear door on the left side, the doors before and after the wing must be check as "unavailable" in AESconfig.

The forward and backward cargodoor in the lowerdeck should be set on the right side, if you don't want to have both, you should uncheck the unused too.

In the Download Section here the forum you can find Intelliscene.cfg for some aircraft, which you only need to copy to the releated Aircraft folder, a PMDG NGX is not there, but I think you can find them in the net.

AND: Take care, that the "Airport Vehicle Traffic" Slider in the FSX Settings->Traffic Menu is set to 0%, otherwise you may see the default vehicles beside the AES once.

Maybe your config is not correct. What AES Version you use? 2.14 or 2.20? If 2.20, did have the Fix 1.

For the NGX you must set the front and the rear door on the left side, the doors before and after the wing must be check as "unavailable" in AESconfig.

The forward and backward cargodoor in the lowerdeck should be set on the right side, if you don't want to have both, you should uncheck the unused too.

In the Download Section here the forum you can find Intelliscene.cfg for some aircraft, which you only need to copy to the releated Aircraft folder, a PMDG NGX is not there, but I think you can find them in the net.

AND: Take care, that the "Airport Vehicle Traffic" Slider in the FSX Settings->Traffic Menu is set to 0%, otherwise you may see the default vehicles beside the AES once.

Hi Oli, sure everything is as it should be. Airport vehicles set to 0 with the relevent doors assigned. I have just installed version 2.20.... Fix 1? Is that installed after 1.20 or is it included?