Can't switch on winter textures in Stockholm Arlanda!

sim-sim

Hello! Some days ago I have both the Stockholm Arlanda airport. BUT! I can not turn on winter textures(( I have done it by the season switcher, but without success. Meanwhile from the wheels of aircraft flying snow. What am I doing wrong? Tell me, please!

Hi, Curt!

And so what? Will the program works correctly?

No the program does not work corrctly.

The part about admin. was becouse the program demand that you run it as admin. But that does not help.

It would be nice to know what file it can't rename?

/Curt

Guest Hodge001

Hi

I must admit that I have never had this problem with ESSA running FSX on a Windows7 64Bit system with FSX installed outside the program files folder and UAC turned off, I mention this as it would seem that you might have a permissions issue especially with a message stating "error renaming file" when you did try to change the textures, so it may be worth looking into your Windows permissions settings.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi

I must admit that I have never had this problem with ESSA running FSX on a Windows7 64Bit system with FSX installed outside the program files folder and UAC turned off, I mention this as it would seem that you might have a permissions issue especially with a message stating "error renaming file" when you did try to change the textures, so it may be worth looking into your Windows permissions settings.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi

Thanks for your help!

I will check that, but I have already given myself, the logged on user, full permissions to everything under the FSX folder.

It is a problem then an app gives an error messages but not telling why.

/Curt

Hello Curt,

Did you change the security of the FSX folder as well like WilcoPub recommends, try it it may also help.

* Go into program files\microsoft games\

* highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on it

* Select the SECURITY tab

* Click on your username (not on Administrator 1)

* Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it)

* Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW'

* Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK'

Here is an example of what happens:

20:59:23.3951304 Stockholm-Arlanda-Season.exe 4972 SetRenameInformationFile C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Arlanda X\Texture\tree_01.bmp NAME COLLISION ReplaceIfExists: False, FileName: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Arlanda X\Texture\tree_01_.bmp

The program try rename tree_01.bmp (I think). But ReplaceIfExists is False. So this fails.

/Curt

Solved!

The program can't handle files from an earlier installiaton.

So the solution is to uninstall Arlanda X and remove the ArlandaX folder in the Aerosoft folder.

Now do a new install and change to the winter textures.

/Curt

Guest Hodge001

Hi Curt

It's great to hear that you have managed to get the season change issue sorted out, I have to admit that I just couldn’t think of anything other than the permissions level that I mentioned previously, but as they say "all's well that ends well".

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Jim Hodkinson