I'm getting a new computer in few weeks

Intel I5 2500@3.3

4gb 1333 RAM

GT210 (huge bottleneck, I know, will be replaced with HD6850 in few months)

Regular HDD (no SSD)

Whats your estimated FPS in heavy aerosoft sceneries and PMDG's NGX73?

Thanks!

The lottery numbers for this week are ......... Anyones guess, but you should get a decent heatsink and overclock your cpu to 4.2 which it should do then you will be good. It was the I5 2500K was it not, its easier to overclock. Unlocked multiplier.

• 2 weeks later...

There really isn't that much information on good video cards for fsx. A GT210 indeed seems a bit slow to me. As I plan to begin with some heavy addons like orbx sceneries next year, there has to be a new video card before.

Just at this moment I'm using a X800 GTO, which in my eyes is faster than GT210 or HD4650. But how much power do you need for e.g. orbx?

Is it really necessary to go for HD6850? I have made a list, so, what do you think, which is the best choice? >>

HD5550

HD5570

HD6670, or does it urgently have to be faster?

And what cpu is recommended/fast enough to bring 100% speed of a HD6850 on to the screen?

And what cpu is recommended/fast enough to bring 100% speed of a HD6850 on to the screen?

For add-ons like ORBX scenery I would recommend nothing less than standard i7, or Sandy Bridge. I have i7-930@4.2 with 2x HD6970 in CrossFire and I'm very happy with performance with ORBX and other high-quality products.

For add-ons like ORBX scenery I would recommend nothing less than standard i7, or Sandy Bridge. I have i7-930@4.2 with 2x HD6970 in CrossFire and I'm very happy with performance with ORBX and other high-quality products.

With the day night app (from Orbyx) you can increase frames easily. I haven't installed it yet and I am getting reasonable frames on FSX with just a Core2Duo E7200 2.53Ghz, 2GB ram and a 1gb GTX 550Ti. Nothing overclocked. Just latest drivers on the GTX, something like 285.XXX

I got Orbyx as a Christmas present!

I think a Sandy Bridge would do well if you have the PMDG 747-400X or PMDG 737NGX. When you run these aircraft with sceneries like Orbyx I think the FPS would be noticable under my system. With my Level D 767-300ER for FSX I am very happy with my FPS.

I think if you have the money to spend on a lot of payware demanding a huge increase in performance on hardware, then you probably have the money to buy some new hardware too.

Merry Christmas!

Daniel