Christmas Celebratory DC-3 event in Andras Field on December 18.

OleAndreasen

Attention K-Mart shoppers!

Matt Smith and myself, initiated a huge event in Andras Field earlier this year. A complete Fly around the world challenge. Matt did all the work on routing and all, while I chopped in with ideas, brought sponsors in with prizes for the bold pilots who did an effort.

And since then, the RTWC as we call it, has been taken place. BUT we are getting to the end now. 6 pilots have made it all the way, and on the 18.th of December only one leg of flight will remain.Namely a short hop from Innsbruck to Andras Field - about 33 nm of flight.

To celebrate these brave guys, we have decided that the last leg will NOT be part of the competition, but be merely a celebration flight. We are going to fly ONLINE, and everyone will fly DC-3´s on this flight.

We hereby invite everyone interested in an online flight, and to celebrate the globetrotters, to come fly with us.

SO - grab your DC-3 (any DC-3 (and a DC-2 will be accepted also)) Join Andras Field´s own multiplayer server via Gamespy, and be ready in LOWI on the 18. th of December, at 20.00 Andras Field winter time. And join us in the 33 nm´s back to Andras Field.

(Remember the GameSpy server have been clocked back 10 hours, so it will be daylight for the flight)

Hope to see a lot of people there

• Upvote 2

Ole, that sucks! Any chance you'll have it back before sunday?

I hope the gamespyserver and TS3 server are back up sunday also, because last night they still weren't.

I have had words from Raphael, and it might be bad news. He said that the server had been down since Friday, and that he dosen´t know when it will be back up.....

And he is the one who installed it in the first place.

So things are not looking good as for a fly-in.

I myself will most likely be unable to attend anyway, as Im still down and out. I have an order for a new Motherboard, but at the moment it seems to be arriving on Monday... and then there is re-installing of everything from Windows to all the addons... sigh.

IF I hear more from Raphael then Ill say it here, but I am not optimistic about it anymore...

I'm up for that one if the main server is still down. Don't have it installed or configured but, can get it up and running in no time. I will also volunteer to do Air Traffic Control if needed.

Well, VAE via Squawkwin is up and running again on my rig, including TS3. Hope to see lots of Goony Birds tomorrow night, either on the (hopefully again) running Gamespy server, otherwise on VAE.

Well, I celebrated all by myself. No players on VAE but me. Whoohoo, party!

I did an hour of T&G's to pass time, after which I took off for EAFS.

I posted some nice pics of the take-off from LOWI.

post-25123-0-84908400-1324239508_thumb.j

Take-off at 20:48. Notice the total lack of DC3's?

post-25123-0-72965200-1324239511_thumb.j

Climbing out over Insbruck. I set my clock 12 hours back to get some light while landing. Go back to sleep people, it's just me.

post-25123-0-71637100-1324239514_thumb.j

Passing over LOWI

post-25123-0-70346900-1324239517_thumb.j

Yep, no DC3's on the tarmac. I'm off.

post-25123-0-96739800-1324239796_thumb.j

See that lonely thing in the approaching EAFS? Yep, me. The only one in the VAE world.

So how many people did compete in the RTWC? More than there were online tonight, I hope?

I'll be crying myself to sleep now. Bye guys...

Hi Tobus. Because of the problems with the Gamespy server and also Ole's PC, we postponed the final fly-in until Wednesday. Hopefully things will be up and running then. You've had some practice so you can lead the fleet! :D

Hi James. Thanks.

But I'm unsure which server on gamespy multiplayer you mean if the Aerosoft server is still down. Do you have another? And if so, where, and does it include voice, either via TS3 or within the gamespy server?