Forum Signature

Emi

Hi,

just a little question: I wanted to change my Forum signature. But when I tried to insert the new banner I get an error saying that I'm only allowed to use 3 lines of text.

Well, befor I had over 6 lines and it never complained, so why this new limitation? My sig wouldn't get any bigger than befor with the new banner, so there shouldn't be any problem, right?

Also I have another problem with the forum not accepting my new banner at all. I've created it using this tool from VATSIM Germany here: http://vatsim.slt-media.de/rotban/?show=generator. Now I have the problem that the forum always says that I'm not allowed to use this type of ending for an image, but when I insert it as a link it is not showing the banner, but only the link to it.

What can I do to get my banner showing up propably?

Regards

Emi

Hello Shaun,

as you can see when you click on the link in my sig (which is the one which is not working at the moment) the picture should be little enough to be used in here. But I still can't use it.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello Shaun,

as you can see when you click on the link in my sig (which is the one which is not working at the moment) the picture should be little enough to be used in here. But I still can't use it.

What am I doing wrong?

As Shaun said, you can use 300x98

Your picture is 400x80, so it's too big.

Oh sh##. Why is the limit so little? With this limit you can't use many banners which are available on the web.

I can understand that it can get annoying when people use banners which are over a certain size, but my old banner was of the same size and it worked perfectly and for sure did not disturb anyone because of its size.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Emanuel, the reason is simple: too many people (including me :rolleyes:) used too much banners and too much text in their signatures resulting in posts wasting too much space and so, very often it wasn't funny anymore scrolling down those pages ;)

Otto, you know that your Andras Aviation Club banner is also to big for the new rule, do you? :(

So come on Aerosoft, at least allow us to use banner of this size...!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe I'm kind of a "privileged" user ;)

When you go to settings/signature, what does it tell you about imagesize and number of lines?

I know where the problem is. It is that you've created your signature befor the new rule became active. I had the same, but as I wanted to make a new signature on friday I wasn't even able to save the old one because of the problem said above.