Antarctica X - some elevations problem.

YoYo

I started to flying over Antarctica. In Teniente base I noticed 2 levels of elevation on airport.

In scenery addon Antarctica X is on the top for sure.

Is it a bug? Pictures was taken in to same time.

post-6541-0-31164700-1323464629_thumb.jp

post-6541-0-21154900-1323464645_thumb.jp

post-6541-0-49453000-1323464664_thumb.jp

post-6541-0-20625700-1323464679_thumb.jp

I started to flying over Antarctica. In Teniente base I noticed 2 levels of elevation on airport.

In scenery addon Antarctica X is on the top for sure.

Is it a bug? Pictures was taken in to same time.

Looks like you have a 3rd party addon scenery installed there. My guess is the Chile airports freeware scenery that extends down to Antarctica (for the Chilean bases). Check the manual's compatibility chapter - there's some info on solving this.

Bests,

Sascha

No I havent any addons from Chile, only for this Region FSGlobal X (mesh) - but according Your one post. Did activation too by Launcher (not only with installation proces) - and now its ok ! No problem with this airfiled. Thx!

:)

Edit:

no, problem exists. Strange. When I take "new flight" and Teniente looks like above, when I take another airfiled (ex.Marimbo) and after "jump" from menu to this airport is ok.

:help_s:

Edit: solved: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/50548-antarctica-x-coast-line/

Hi,

I just started trying Antarctica X and just from first runway I have chosen (NZWD) I got a first problem - there are "runways on the top of bathtube" and some other strange "cliffs" and unleveled elevations - the very similar to YoYo's problems. I use activated Antarctica X manual recommended settings, everything installed on fresh new PC and Win7 64Home, just fresh new and clean install of FSX, apart from few Aerosoft's new sceneries using FS only Global Ultimate. Switching off FS Global from the library or, on the contrary, using their AFM tool and installing its flattening mesh for NZWD make no difference.

nzwd2.jpgnzwd1.jpgnzwd4.jpg

I use activated Antarctica X manual recommended settings...

To clarifly: You DO have activated the scenery using the Aerosoft Launcher after its installation?

Do you have a file called AF2_NZWD.bgl in the following folder or is it ending on BLOB?:

FSX\Aerosoft\Antarctica X\Scenery\

Bests,

Sascha

Absolutely yes, I am using Aerosoft Launcher (version ..0.9) and I did activate it as all earlier sceneries (Anchorage, Vilnus etc.). All files in Scenery folder are *.bgl or few are *.off, depending on season I switch. The same with AF2_xxxx.bgl files, including AF2_NZWD.bgl, AF2_NZWD1.bgl an so on. To be sure, I reinstalled Antarctica X with repair option and second time activated (via update in Aerosoft Launcher). No change.

Absolutely yes, I am using Aerosoft Launcher (version ..0.9) and I did activate it as all earlier sceneries (Anchorage, Vilnus etc.). All files in Scenery folder are *.bgl or few are *.off, depending on season I switch. The same with AF2_xxxx.bgl files, including AF2_NZWD.bgl, AF2_NZWD1.bgl an so on. To be sure, I reinstalled Antarctica X with repair option and second time activated (via update in Aerosoft Launcher). No change.

Then there are only two options left:

• The installer didn't deactivate the default files for that area in your system. You can check that by looking for a file called APX92590.bgl in the following folder:
    FSX\Scenery\1107\scenery\
    The file mentioned should end on OFF and not BGL (actually almost all the BGL files in this and other default folders should be deactivated by renaming them to OFF)
  • There is another scenery for McMurdo active that conflicts with Antarctica X (I really doubt that, there is none that I know of).

Bests,

Sascha

There is another scenery for McMurdo active that conflicts with Antarctica X (I really doubt that, there is none that I know of).

Edit: Maybe there's a file somewhere called BR2_NZWD.bgl or AF2_NZWD.bgl installed by MyTraffic or other traffic addons?

Bests,

Sascha

Dear Sascha ! You made my day !!!

As very experienced user of FSX and its tricks I also searched whole FSX drive for any doubled NZWD files before, but there were no other. I used all my knowledge and solutions before I gave up and wrote here.

In fact, what was the exactly right direction was Your advice for checking 1107\scenery ! I discovered that it was full of bgl files with no changes as if the installer didn't touch them. Instead of previously used repair option I uninstalled completely Antarctica now and installed again - now all but one bgls from 1107\scenery were moved into backup folder and there is only one, single "dem1107.bgl" left there ! Yes, yes, yes !!! now scenery is looking OK !!!

hmmm, maybe one more question - is it normal look of the square-shaped "pinky" shadows on the ground ? It is gradually disappearing during flight and building up again on the ground under aircraft when paused or when flying "low & slow" ? Some texture reading problem or so ?

Anyway, thank You very, very much for Your help and support ! I appreciate it specially, that it is weekend today, my first request for help ever and I managed to solve main problem immediately ! So my big respect to Aerosoft !!!

With best from Poland !

nzwd.jpg

nzir.jpg

In fact, what was the exactly right direction was Your advice for checking 1107\scenery ! I discovered that it was full of bgl files with no changes as if the installer didn't touch them. Instead of previously used repair option I uninstalled completely Antarctica now and installed again - now all but one bgls from 1107\scenery were moved into backup folder and there is only one, single "dem1107.bgl" left there ! Yes, yes, yes !!! now scenery is looking OK !!!

Ok, we found the source for your problem but it won't solve it for the whole continent because there are many more files to be deactivated than in the 1107 folder. You can either do a complete reinstall or the scenery to see if that works or deactivate them manually for the whole continent. I attached batch file that should do this for for you. Just unzip attached file to your FSX directory and execute it. This should deactivate all the Antarctica default BGL files. Ensure that it doesn't give any "Couldn't find file" or similar errors.

Please note that using this file is at your own risk! You could also open the batch file by right click, edit to see a list of the files that need to be renamed and do it manually.

Anyway, thank You very, very much for Your help and support ! I appreciate it specially, that it is weekend today, my first request for help ever and I managed to solve main problem immediately ! So my big respect to Aerosoft !!!

Is there any chance you have land detail textures activated in your settings? See manual.

Bests,

Sascha

Ok, we found the source for your problem but it won't solve it for the whole continent because there are many more files to be deactivated than in the 1107 folder. You can either do a complete reinstall or the scenery to see if that works or deactivate them manually for the whole continent. I attached batch file that should do this for for you. Just unzip attached file to your FSX directory and execute it. This should deactivate all the Antarctica default BGL files. Ensure that it doesn't give any "Couldn't find file" or similar errors.

Please note that using this file is at your own risk! You could also open the batch file by right click, edit to see a list of the files that need to be renamed and do it manually.

hmmm, maybe one more question - is it normal look of the square-shaped "pinky" shadows on the ground ?

Is there any chance you have land detail textures activated in your settings? See manual.

Bests,

Sascha

DeActivateDefaultScenery.zip

Dear Sascha !

Again a huge thanks for help - batch allowed me to check bgls and all is fine now ! I also had marked land detail textures on, my omittment ! - deactivated them and all now is just perfect !!!

ALL THE BEST to You and the Aerosoft team !!!

Your new and future customer from now,

Jarek

• 3 months later...

This really works Sascha! I went into Antarctica X and lots of the snow was water instead of snow. Even buildings were sitting in water! So I read your post here and that's what fixed it. I figured out how the problem happened. Previously, I had a crash (out of memory) and some files of FSX got corrupted (it couldn't draw the airplanes), so I reinstalled FSX. But I had already installed Antarctica X. FSX must have put all the bgl files back in again! so without realizing it, by repairing FSX I had messed up Antarctica. I opened up your batch file, read what was inside, manually put the bgls into a backup folder, and WOW! Antarctica is back. YAY!!