Frames in 1.20

Andkozma

Hi Everyone,

I'd just like to ask if any of you experienced any framerate gain or loss with the 1.20 update?

I changed some things (not really visible to you), so I have to know how it does apart from my own design PC.

thanks and regards

Andras

Hi Andras,

Thanks for keeping the updates coming. I did not notice any loss, about gain I'm not sure. Generally it looks great. Not related to this release, I see AF snowing and the surrounding is Green... any idea?

Thanks,

Moshe

Not related to this release, I see AF snowing and the surrounding is Green... any idea?

Hi Moshe,

Hmmm... that's odd. It happens if someone is using the Germany3 area which doesn't have a winter season. Do you use that?

regards

Andras

Hi Moshe, Hmmm... that's odd. It happens if someone is using the Germany3 area which doesn't have a winter season. Do you use that? regards Andras

Yes :) thanks!

Hi Andras

Thank you for update (nice terminal too Ian )

Unfortunatly i do have some constructive criticism.

There seems to be an underlying problem with performance, whitch for me has been a problem since V1.00.Approaching the scenery from the East or West, 10 miles out, and i have OOM error..Every time.

Im flying the E-jets 175, its not a default aircraft, so it does take a little more resources to run...but i dont have this problem flying in and out of mega airports.So to me that over-rules the 175 being to much a of a resource hog. ( example : average FPS @ andras field is 18, Heathrow, average 30, and the airport size diffrence is massive!)

I still have the problem if i set scenery density to normal(water set to 0)..whitch give me no taxiway lines/night lights or parking spaces visible.

Would it be possible to investigate whether there is a memory leak...or somthing going on....that shouldn't be?

Something just doesnt seem right, and we keep adding scenery to the area that is just making the problem worse.Something in this scenery is sapping my system of its virtual memory.After 3 attemps i managed to get down, but rolling off the runway onto the taxi way and bam..

againv.jpg

Well, the problem isnt frames so much, its on approach.

Im on approach, all going well and wothout warning( no slowing down...nothing) i got a OOM.

I recall you had the exact same problem Ole?

Well, the problem isnt frames so much, its on approach.

Im on approach, all going well and wothout warning( no slowing down...nothing) i got a OOM.

I recall you had the exact same problem Ole?

Yea I had the same problems once, but not in any specific location.

I "just" experienced OOM´s around 15-30 minutes into a FSX session. I never EXACTLY pinpointed the problem, as I did several things, (reinstalled things, updated things, removed things...

And perhaps most importantly, I took my PC to work, and here we have a compressed-air blower. I blew about 2 kilos of dust off the inside of it - and well I suspect that this was the major issue. (The dust - not the removal of it... LOL) It accumulated the heat in the PC case and I believe that led to most of the problems...

Unfortunatly i do have some constructive criticism.

Hi,

Constructive criticism is my favorite and a rare thing, so keep those coming please.

There seems to be an underlying problem with performance, whitch for me has been a problem since V1.00.Approaching the scenery from the East or West, 10 miles out, and i have OOM error..Every time.

Could be so many things that I'd lie if I said I know anything about it, unless it happens at a regular given place in front of me.

Could be the number of animations and their relation to memory (video memory to be precise).

If you use FSUIPC, Pete Dowson came up with a fantastic solution in it for g3d.dll errors often happening at relatively dense scenery areas, so it might be a good idea to try it out. If you look around on the net you will find a lot of talk and info about it.

Do you use the Highmemfix=1 line in your fsx.cfg? Are you using a rightly tweaked cfg?

Can you give some info about your config?

regards

Andras

Hi Andras

The only config tweak is WideVeiwAspect=True.

I dont get a g3d.dll error, just what you see in the above pic.

I done some testing (3 1/2 hours...crash, reload, crash,reload.. ) and the only thing i can pinpiont my performance loss to is the amount a autogen tree's in the area.(they also look non-defualt tree's)

I shall try with Highmemfix=1

I done some testing (3 1/2 hours...crash, reload, crash,reload.. ) and the only thing i can pinpiont my performance loss to is the amount a autogen tree's in the area.(they also look non-defualt tree's)

Hi,

Something is definitely wrong with your system.

The number of autogen stuff can cause framerate loss, but not crashes.

Try to tweak your fsx.cfg at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html and do something re the computer, because the source must be there.

regards

Andras

:o - wow!

After useing Bojotes tool, im back!

:D :D :D

After 5 touch 'n' goes, i landed, taxied back to the active runway and took off again, landed, taxied around.....i havnt had 1 OOM. Take-off/approach/landing and taxiing is now smooth and stutter free with settings high enough to see the taxiways/lighting/parking spots/buildings...its like a new scenery all over again :D

Thanks for the tip Andras - and appoligies for suggesting there could have been something wrong with the scenery.. :blush: .. problem solved.

(Its was down to the LOD radias tweek (5.5)(done 2 years ago) whitch i foggot about...)