AES 2.20: Feedback and comments please only here

OPabst

Hallo Oliver,

Grossartig! Wunderbar! Wunderfull. It works very well, and looks great. Thanks for keeping it also for FS2004!

I just miss drivers! Would be perfect with some drivers in cars, trucks... Otherwise, the animations are splendid (doors, turning wheels, attaching toe bar, etc.)

Greetings

Daniel

Hallo und direkt mal vielen Dank, sieht toll aus und funktioniert sehr gut. Hab in Vienna Fly Tampa getestet. Super, super.

Das Skysoft Simulation Team ist nach ihrer Homepage an AES für ZBAA interessiert, haben aber keinen Kontakt zu dir. (www.skysoftsimulation.com).

Was ich so gesehen habe wird Beijing ein ganz schönes AddOn. Nicht so professionell wie Fly Tampa, aber sie entwickeln sich.

Bei Heifa haben die Jungs das taxi light system per comm1 genutzt um die Lichter für die Führung zu einem Gate zu nutzen.

Nochmal Danke für die schönen Verbesserungen

After testing v2.20 today I can say it looks excellent and I found zero problems with using it so far.

Just one request - I know you are busy with more important things, Oliver, but if you find some extra time one day:

- please add drivers into these already excellent vehicles. The drivers may be 100% static but will add so much as far as realism goes.

The only thing that pricks my eyes in these new tugs, vans and buses is they are ghost vehicles.

Hello OPabst,

First of all, congratulations for this superb job!

I woold like to contribute with my modest feedback.

Situation:

Flight from EGKK to EGLC using the B737 NGX.

My Traffic X with 45%.

After landing I got an AOM.

I tried again reducing traffic to 40%. Much better. I could taxi and park without problems. With AES 2.14, I didn't find any kind of restrictions before.

The problems came later. The "follow me" car ran like mad, no more controlled by the taxi speed of the airplane.

According the parking position at City London, all AES traffic comes from the buildings as a magic pass. It would be nice to change the course of AES traffic according to this specific situation.

After ask for all AES services and in the midle of simultaneous operations, FSX froze and asked for a CTRL+ALT+DEL solution.

Seems to me (sorry if I'm wrong) that we have AES 2.20 a bit more fat then 2.14. If it is the case, a "diet" is applicable?

I could mention some more litle things as open doors with no drivers inside but I presume that you have in mind this kind of improvements in the next future.

Thanks for your care and great profissionalism.

Stephen

Hi,

Congratulations for the new version 2.20a.

Just a remark, I can't have cleaning car with PMDG MD11 FSX. Each time I select it, i just have a R before the command line, then, a D apprears a few minutes later but no vehicule .

What did I wrong?

Thanks

Pierre

• Developer

Just a remark, I can't have cleaning car with PMDG MD11 FSX. Each time I select it, i just have a R before the command line, then, a D apprears a few minutes later but no vehicule .

What did I wrong?

Looks like you don't have configured the Door at the rear, then no cleaning is coming.

I heard the sound that AES 2.20a is available in aerosoft forum in the Daum Flight simulator Cafe.

There were many screenshots. Our virtual Airline Maker "miyu" took some screenshots with our virtual Airline.

When the Downloads were finished, I opened the Flight simulator and used it.

And then I could see the most "beautiful" working I've ever seen in flight simulator.

I called the cathering truck, then three trucks just sliding smoothly. And they did the work almost clearly.

Pushback was just cool, and follow me car was cute. Everything was Just COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Simply wonderful! Thanks very much for all the hard work Oliver!

Just because I am greedy, and always wanting more, I had a couple of questions / ideas ;) :

- Will the catering trucks and other vehicles start to have any airport-specific liveries? If not, perhaps a future development to have a GUI to assign different vehicle liveries to different airports?

- With the baggage / cargo? loaders, could we also see some other vehicles to bring the baggage to the aircraft - a truck or several small trolleys with a tractor to pull up during boarding / deboarding?

- Someone said it above but yes, some drivers in the vehicles?

- Finally, my old pain, is there going to be an option to have a boarding / deboarding soundset without any aircraft background sounds? This still bugs me when there are no other aircraft around to hear those sounds with the ambiance!

Cheers,

Geoff

• Developer

Nice Job Oliver but there's one issue... even though my cargo doors are available there's no bagage ramp... I only have the issue with the 737-800

How far did you configure the door from the ground? If it is smaller then 0.9 Meter, no beltloader is comeing, because he does not fit there, in this case I expect a hand loading.

I try to use AES 2.20

Its seems a good work.

For me, at present, there is a thing to correct: the speed of follow me

The car start too fast and do not stop awaiting if the aircraft, for some reasons, stop taxying.

I cannot see well the way to follow.

Best regards

Pierluigi

• Developer

Did you check Fix 2, in the first Version of 2.20 there was a bug in the followme, which should fixed with 2.20a (Fix 1) or 2.20b (Fix 2)

Not sure where my last post went so I put it on here please cam we slow the ground cars trucks down as don't seem to see them that fast also please can you explain the fix abit better on where to the folders as I don't seem to found them and last thing is where can I get the paint work for the trucks and stuff thanks

Martin

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

Nice work Oliver, I love these new vehicles!

I couldn't wait for the paintkit..so I have already started to modify the vehicles :boingy_s:

gallery_90_85_130797.jpg

Hallo SAS407,

Can you post your changes on AES vehicles on Aerosoft download page or send me by email? GateGourmet is very good! Nice job!

BTW, Merry Christmas! :D

• Developer

Hallo SAS407,

Can you post your changes on AES vehicles on Aerosoft download page or send me by email? GateGourmet is very good! Nice job!

BTW, Merry Christmas! :D

Sorry,

but please do not upload AES Material anywhere, before the official Repaint-Kits are released. If I must change something at the UV Mappings at the models, all this repaints are useless and user will later report bugs, when the textures not fit, that costs only yours and my time.

When here is an repaint artist who want's to make repaints of AES and help to optimize the paint-kits, make a post here where you short explain you word done before, then I will get in contact as far as the time is coming to work at the paint kits.