Sad times FSX won't start

Aerobird

Ok, so it has happened to me too. Just installed AF 1.20 had a look around and logged out of FSX and everything seemed normal. Later I was supposed to test a new flightplan I had made from EKCH to EAFS,but no way was FSX ready to start. Just went on and on. Event log showed Error code 1002 which seems to be caused by an illegal command of some sort.

The whole partition was backup up 1st of dec. so no big problem, but an airport must be reinstalled, AES and some other non-FSX updates. At the moment I am trying to reinstall just the FSX directory to see if that is sufficient. If not, it's the whole partition. Holy Grail, this takes time, but is there something to be learned?

Maybe your logbook file is corrupted? I remember I had that once some time ago, and never could get FSX to start. I completely reinstalled, while just deleting the FSX logbook would have been sufficient.

I you suspect Andras, wouldn't maybe uninstalling it via Windows erradicate your problem?

Maybe your logbook file is corrupted? I remember I had that once some time ago, and never could get FSX to start. I completely reinstalled, while just deleting the FSX logbook would have been sufficient.

I you suspect Andras, wouldn't maybe uninstalling it via Windows erradicate your problem?

Thanks for your reply! I did try to fix the problem first by minor actions like deleting fsx.cfg used a program called FSX Repair tool and so on. Did not try to reinstall the logbook tough. Had a weekold backup of the entire partition that FSX is installed on and used that.I'll keep your advice in mind next time, because this took hours last evening.