Airfields 11 in Winter: texture issue?

guenseli

:huh:

Hello dear AS-Team,

seems, I have a little problem with Airfields 11 in Winter.

Have a look please on Summer:

airfsommer.jpg

And here in Winter:

airfwinter.jpg

Library settings are according your suggestions: Airfields Traffic on top, library at lowest, there it is working in summer as it should.

But why do I have such an "overlay" of taxi and runway with ground textures?

What I use scenerywise is GEX Europe and UTX.

(this is just an example and of course reproduceable on other AF11 airports like EDJA)

Hope to get a hint here ...

Hello,

as I stated in my first thread, I use GEX Europe and UTX Europe!

But for winter we do not use arial images, for this the result should look simular.

similar to what: my posted pictures or similar to the summer aerial photos?

And I wonder a bit, because of the first point of the AF11 feature list:

Fotoreale Bodenszenerie an den Plätzen, einschließlich angepasste Jahreszeiten

Hope, that we could expect a quick (during winter season) fix for that. Looks really ugly!

Many thanks!

Hallo Guenseli,

I am the fellow develloper of Christoph.

You did post an Image of EDMJ Jesenwang - do you see a problem only at this special airfield or do you have same or similar problem at all fields within the package. I ask this to be able to estimate the amount of work for an Update.

Greetings

Rolf

Hello Rolf,

thanks for the answer:

(this is just an example and of course reproduceable on other AF11 airports like EDJA)

If it helps you, I will have a look at any single airport and report if there a are issues.

As I can remember right now here Memmingen and Jesenwang are affected for sure.

I have "tested" others also, but can't remember the names.

So I think, all are affected.

But as I said, I can have a look if you wish ...

oh.... sorry

you gave an answer to my question before.

So, when we testet the scenery with default FS X ground scenery it looked very fine with winter standard texture and aereal photo removed as we did. There were also reported no problems by our beta testers. May be there is a causality with the usage of a ground scenery addon as you do and the appearance in the scenery.

We know a way to avoid problems with additional ground scenery too, but If all airfields are concerned it would be a greater effort to do that workaround. I think, Christoph should decide, wether and when we do that.

Greetings

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

oh.... sorry

you gave an answer to my question before.

So, when we testet the scenery with default FS X ground scenery it looked very fine with winter standard texture and aereal photo removed as we did. There were also reported no problems by our beta testers. May be there is a causality with the usage of a ground scenery addon as you do and the appearance in the scenery.

We know a way to avoid problems with additional ground scenery too, but If all airfields are concerned it would be a greater effort to do that workaround. I think, Christoph should decide, wether and when we do that.

Greetings

Rolf

Is there already a decision?

Hi Otto,

we should implement here a "bumping-rotation-system": on even days, you will bump up...on uneven days, I will bump up this thread. :P

Maybe till spring or summer, then winter is over and we do not need the fix anymore ;)

Gentlemen,

Christoph is NOT on vacation! He is working hard in his new job in Asia and also working on Updates for GAF11 and also GAF9!

Due to time difference and workload on his paid job this may take a while but Christoph IS working on the issues.

I can't say what exactly can or will be achieved in the coming updates but Christoph has not forgotten his customers.

Some issues may not be resolvable because they require a completely new programming approach and that is rather asking for an upgrade than for an update but that is my personal view only.

Christoph is still responding to my frequent bug-reports via email and has just accepted another reported bug for his ToDo-List.

I have no idea about the time frames but the Bavarian Sceneries 9 and 11 are no internal developments of Aerosoft and thus the Aerosoft support team can do very little except stealing more time from Christoph, having to read and answer the same questions over and over again.

Unfortunately the demand for these still (despite a few minor bugs) excellent German VFR Sceneries seems to be rather low and thus it is - and has to be - more a hobby than a business for Christoph and his team to give us few VFR fans what we want.

I have no problem to remain patient and would like to ask you to follow, too. Mostly because I am still hungry for more!

Christoph and Rolf, please keep up your good work and don't get frustrated! You have my full respect!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Bernd , no need to be upset.

We all know about Christoph's situation and I'm sure Christoph knows how to read Günter's and my comments. ;)

Yes, I'm not aware about Christophs situation as I do not know him ...

But it is nice to hear that things going on - that was all what I wanted to hear that things will resolved hopefully.

Even I have now not much hope that this bug will resolved in a near future...

Thanks for the reply!

Hi Guenseli,

I'm afraid that your are a minority even within a minority... - few FlightSimmers are VFR fans and only a fraction of these will ever "enjoy" flying in winter...

Sure, in real aviation there are a few days every couple of years with stable meteorogical conditions, unlimited visibily (almost), light winds and no turbulences and low humidity and these are the best days for VFR flying, despite short days and low sun...

Most simmers - including myself - prefer flying in summer weather conditions though, with long days, limited visibility (which helps the simulator) and strong colours.

Hi Bernd,

I hope I do not understand your comment that the texture issue shouldn't be an issue, because in winter there's no VFR flying???

:lol:

Memmingen is an IFR airport for Ryanair, (meaning the NGX).

But to be honest I haven't used this airport since winter because of the ugly textures...

So, I'll wait till spring :mecry_s:

• Upvote 1

Hello gentlemen,

thanks for your replies and your support!

I epreciate your patient on all topics. This winter issue is not really my first on the list, because normally nobody uses the FS in winter :D

As we can not update to all worldwide product (especially Texture updates) I want to priorise a bit to have the best solution for all.

Bern already gave you some feedback, he found some more interesting issues I will respond to in a update.

For your all info.

I am on my way to Germany and will have time again in mid February to finish the GAF9 with Rolf.

He already did some test in a upcoming new development for Winter. Depending on this workaround I will decide to update your issue or not.

But after I really only have minor time to do the flightsim development I need your patient a bit longer than you are used to our respond in past.

But I will not forget your input and I am always thankfull to get some info.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gentlemen,

thanks for your replies and your support!

I epreciate your patient on all topics. This winter issue is not really my first on the list, because normally nobody uses the FS in winter :D

As we can not update to all worldwide product (especially Texture updates) I want to priorise a bit to have the best solution for all.

Bern already gave you some feedback, he found some more interesting issues I will respond to in a update.

For your all info.

I am on my way to Germany and will have time again in mid February to finish the GAF9 with Rolf.

He already did some test in a upcoming new development for Winter. Depending on this workaround I will decide to update your issue or not.

But after I really only have minor time to do the flightsim development I need your patient a bit longer than you are used to our respond in past.

But I will not forget your input and I am always thankfull to get some info.

Thank you.

Hallo,

we did some tests - I think we will update our software and add the seasonal changes. Maybe it will be earlier, than spring.

Have a look on winter image in EDJA.

post-7418-0-47779700-1327334975_thumb.jp

Greetings Rolf

• Upvote 1