Madeira X Scenery Uninstall and Re-install problems

ziggyzag7420

Good Morning everyone, I am Currently trying to Fix my problem that i have been experiencing with my Madeira X scenery.

I have the following Addons. ( REX. GEX North America. FEX. ORbx Blue.UTX. Ezdok. Fspassengers. Flytampa Scenerys. )

Now i have not had any problems before until i wanted to update my Madeira X and i noticed when i went to play, none of the Scenery was there. Only ground vehicles. and it seems to be sitting up very very high. the ground was up atleast 500ft. Iv read the manual and there is no APX32400 to find or the others included.

I have tryed to re-install and have failed.

uninstall seems to do nothing. as when i go to test with Default it looks the same, so im thinking the uninstall is not uninstalling at all.

Iv searched for anything with Madeira x in my folders and deleted and it still does not work the way it should.

Should i re-install everything? and do Madeira X first, then slowly install addons and test each one?

or is there a manual uninstall that would help this out? as the files im sure have been renamed when installed.

if anyone can help i would be greatly thankful as i love to fly and i cant live without my fsx ;)

Sorry, I can't help you with your general installation problem, but for using the scenery you show try to increase complexity sliders in your FSX settings. Sorry, I don't have the english names, but I first had the same problem, and it could be solved increasing some those Scenery sliders.

Hello Ziggyzag,

Did you read the manual regarding your issue. especially the FAQS section on page 32..

yes iv read threw it many of times,

iv fixed the problem altho how i fixed it is very strange. i had to disable everything in the Scenery library besides Madeira x and 2 other things that could not be turned off. its works great now. but i guess it just needed to see that and only that. strangely enough

yes iv read threw it many of times,

iv fixed the problem altho how i fixed it is very strange. i had to disable everything in the Scenery library besides Madeira x and 2 other things that could not be turned off. its works great now. but i guess it just needed to see that and only that. strangely enough

If you turn everything off except for Madeira then you have a compatibility issue, turn them back on one by one till you find out which one it is.

• 2 weeks later...

John,

try scenery settings as described in the manual:

Please ensure to set the mesh resolution to 5m. Otherwise the terrain of the Madeira airport will not be displayed correctly.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for your replies but I have tried everything I think... I have disabled all other scenery and changed the mesh settings. (I don't know how to check for AVCADS and as I only use Traffic X which isnt running at the moment, I don't know what else can be causing the errors)

Have attached a cple of screen shots which I hope might help. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

post-30826-0-20121400-1325970935_thumb.jpost-30826-0-75680300-1325970961_thumb.j

John,

I've tried your settings, and see no problems on my system here. Think, the easiest, and maybe fastest way could be a new installation of FSX.

If you hopefully have enough space on your system, you may rename your FSX directory and backup your %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\fsx\ folder and try a native fsx and Madeira X installation. 20 min later you will see Madeira X is properly running or not.

Good luck again.

Andreas

Hi Andreas... I am reluctant to try reinstalling FSX as I am not technically confident in doing it without deleting everything...plus the Maderia scenery is the only one that is showing this problem.

I recently changed my graphics card as my NVIDIA 9800 died (along with many other people) and now have an AMD Radeon HD 6770. Would that have changed anything ? I don't know what else to try and really confused.

Hello;

The picture you psted of Madeira,it looks like mine did when I had Fs Global installed,do you have My Traffic installed?,if so,try renaming the bgl for the Madeira airport.Also try going to Porto Santo airport,its part of the scenery for this product,when I was having problems,both airports looked like the picture you posted.Also,try changing the priority of the Madeira scenery,see what that does.

Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for replying.

Yes, Porto Santo has the same problem. I don't have FS Global or My Traffic. I do have Traffic X and Ultimate Terrain but have had these for a couple of years without any issues. This only seems to have started since I installed the new graphics card and the version 1.20 of Maderia X.

The Madeira scenery is top of the list in the Scenery Library as well. Any suggestions welcomed.

John,

try to isolate the problem by disabling any other scenery addon. Don't forget to have a look to your ..\Addon Scenery\Scenery . Move all files inside to another place and try again.

John go to \Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\AirportFacilitiesX\Scenery

From that folder cut AFX_LMPA.bgl and paste it to your desktop

Run FSX check LMPA it should work, enjoy the scenery, then delete the file you put on your desktop - simples.

Hi Matt... went there but no LPMA or LPPS bgls in there.

I did a search and found, in Microsoft Flight Simulator X_Scenery_World_Scenery = AFX_LPMA_ALT.bgl and one for LPPS. I cut and pasted them to desktop and reloaded FSX... alas still no joy.

OK strange that fixed mine lol. try \Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\AirportFacilities\Scenery

but this time the file will be something along the lines of AF2_LPMA.bgl

Have you also checked the 2 files listen in the manual FAQ to make sure they have been renamed. Cant remember their names off the top of my head.