AES - What’s new in Version 2.14 - Release Note Question

AES - What’s new in Version 2.14 - Release Note Question

Hi

I have just read the What’s new in Version 2.14 and i have see this,

When AESHelp don’t see the airports as „installed“, please check on the Homepage of the Addon producer, if there is a newer Version or Update available.

My question is, because I am seeing this specific note for the first time, will this new "action" influence from here and know on what we have as scenery installed at our flight simulator.

For example let's say I have an old version from a scenery which I want to install now but it's an old version of it. Will or will not be recognized by AES from know on?

Of course in my example I do have installed the new AES version 2.14 before I install my "old" scenery.

Thanks for support

Hi

Thanks for the answer Oliver but!

Does this mean that we cannot use our old airports anymore if we install the last version of AES(as in my example above).

And will this happening every time from here and now on. Because this is very important.

Will every new AES version force the users to update their airports to their last versions of it, what about if the updates will be payware from know on.

It's a very strange action I think and need to be cleared.

Thanks

• Developer

Sorry,

but please check, how it is and was all the time with AES:

1.) When a payware is updated for free, AES must follow this Update, because the most user want's to have AES compatible to this free update. I don't see any reason, why a user want's to stay on the old version in this case (as long he is not using illegal stuff and need to wait until someone provide him the new version)

2.) When the payware update is not free of cost's, I always generate a new Airport in the AES list and keep the old one as it is, related to the work I have for following the new version of the payware, AES is free or cost some additational credits.

3.) When it's freeware, it is the same as for free updates of payware, I will go to the latest available version, otherwise I can not handle it, when I have to support x-history versions.

But, as you can easy see, the statement of the release note is only address to users, who not even look at the homepage of the Addon providor to check, if they have the latest (free) available version, when AES will not report the Airport as installed after the first release in AES. They ask here, I must answer and all could be solved so easy by checking the homepages first. It makes it easier for the user, he get's his solution fast, I think for some people it's easier to ask the "net" before look for the right sources or google it.