[Mega Airport Amsterdam] weird texture problem

Rene van Hove

Hi there,

After a hardware upgrade and a fresh installation of Windows 7 (I used to run on XP), I re-installed FSX and the Mega Airport Amsterdam scenery, including the v1.04 update.

There are no additional sceneries active in the Amsterdam area and barely any in my FSX installation (Only Rotterdam and Heathrow are installed at this moment).

While taxi-ing around Schiphol, there's this weird texture problem. In the distance, everything looks fine, but close to my plane, it's like the scenery is 'peeled off' and the default scenery is coming through. Not everywhere though, some parts just turn into water (and stay that way).

There's also a weird flickering on the edges of where the scenery is peeled off. It looks like a dual layered shadow of some kind, but has very nasty edges (and flickers).

My system is running on a AMD Phenom II X4 955, 4GB of RAM and a Ati HD6900 series graphics chipset (Asus EAH6950 to be exact), all with fully up-to-date drivers.

How can I solved this?

Hi there,

After a hardware upgrade and a fresh installation of Windows 7 (I used to run on XP), I re-installed FSX and the Mega Airport Amsterdam scenery, including the v1.04 update.

There are no additional sceneries active in the Amsterdam area and barely any in my FSX installation (Only Rotterdam and Heathrow are installed at this moment).

While taxi-ing around Schiphol, there's this weird texture problem. In the distance, everything looks fine, but close to my plane, it's like the scenery is 'peeled off' and the default scenery is coming through. Not everywhere though, some parts just turn into water (and stay that way).

There's also a weird flickering on the edges of where the scenery is peeled off. It looks like a dual layered shadow of some kind, but has very nasty edges (and flickers).

My system is running on a AMD Phenom II X4 955, 4GB of RAM and a Ati HD6900 series graphics chipset (Asus EAH6950 to be exact), all with fully up-to-date drivers.

How can I solved this?

This problem is due to your setup and not the scenery as you know it worked before.

You might want to disable all other 3rd party sceneries including any AI Traffic entries in the scenery library except for EHAM and then recheck,