X-Plane 10: US Community Edition

Got my copy a few days ago, haven't had time to try it until tonight. Thought i'd checkout the three included aerosoft sceneries. Um where are they? Went to Nice, all i see is runway, went to Paderborn the same, Faro ditto. Bear in mind i'm new to X-Plane but i did read the little manuals included. Only installed europe scenery area when installing. I checked the custom scenery folder but there's only KSEA and LOWI in there

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

Got my copy a few days ago, haven't had time to try it until tonight. Thought i'd checkout the three included aerosoft sceneries. Um where are they? Went to Nice, all i see is runway, went to Paderborn the same, Faro ditto. Bear in mind i'm new to X-Plane but i did read the little manuals included. Only installed europe scenery area when installing. I checked the custom scenery folder but there's only KSEA and LOWI in there

Hallo Goulash,

The version you bought it is a US Community Edition published by Laminar Research! Aerosoft will publish their own version, the X-Plane 10: Global Edition (Including Nice, Faro & Paderborn) next month January 2012. Also the customers of Laminar Research version will have an update to include those three airports! :D So we have to wait ... :boohoo_s:

Merry Christmas

There is a US version and a US version, the standard US from Laminar sounds like the one Goulash has, the Aerosoft US version is released now (16th Dec) and does have the Nice, Paderborn and Faro included, there are pictures to prove that on http://xplane10.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/the-news-for-19-december-lfmn-in-xp10-ptii-thieves-in-the-night/

As noted by Aerosoft everyone in time will have the full version no matter where you sourced your copy.

Thanks for the help guys but i know which version i have as i'm looking at it now. It's the boxed US Community edition by Aerosoft. I'm basing the content on information supplied by Mathijs Kok at the top of this thread. This is why i'm asking what happened to the 3 european airports that were supposed to be included in this edition as it says on the box they are in there

*** EDIT

Well i've just discovered the 9th dvd which i think has the airports on it, going to install this and see if they are there

Are you saying that Nice, Paderborn and Faro, is NOT included in your boxed version?

I got the box myself the other day, but my PC is gone to #&¤/#%&"¤& and I cannot verify the presence of the airports myself, until I get the pc fixed, but the box states that te airports are included, so I reckon that they are. Aerosoft usually delivers what they promise, in my experience...

Turns out they are included, not a mention of these airports anywhere in any of the supplied documentation. I thought the addon airports would have been installed during the initial install when i selected Europe, but clearly not. Check for the 9th dvd which has the extra airports on it. All of the dvd's look the same so this is an easy error to make especially as i only used about 5 dvd's during install.