X-Plane 10: US Community Edition

• Aerosoft

Aerosoft has been pleasantly surprised about the demand from customers for an X-Plane 10 that includes some of the work we are doing internally. So we have decided to create an intermediate limited edition and to deliver that to customers before Christmas. It will not be a full production run and we’ll only have limited supply so if you like this version make sure you order as soon as possible. Part of the production will be shipped to our retail partners so you might see it in the shops as well.

With several versions of X-Plane 10 it might sound a bit complex but it really is not. Let us explain:

• Released early December: X-Plane 10 directly by Laminar Research
  • Release before Christmas: X-Plane 10: US Community Edition by Aerosoft. This will be the complete X-Plane 10, fully updated, enhanced with three high detailed European airports (Nice, Paderborn and Faro), three medium density airports and some more low density airports. This version will be in English and German and will come in a deluxe metal box. The price for this version will be € 69.95 (inc VAT) and can be ordered from our online store. If you wonder, we call this the US Community because the demand came mostly from that side.
  • Release early next year: X-Plane 10: Global Edition. This will be the complete release by Laminar research and Aerosoft that includes all what is in the US Community Edition plus all the other stuff we can add before that time.
  • After this release all will be merged into one version and the content we add will be included into the version shipped by Laminar Research. From that moment on there will only be one version of X-Plane 10. At that moment all registered users will have free access to all the content we will add using the standard update functionality of X-Plane

post-43-0-67843900-1322839464_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Mathijs, I order the early December X-Plane 10 directly from Laminar Research.

Will I be able to order the enhanced high detailed European airports, medium density airports and the low density airports as an ADD-ON to the early December release ?

Regards.........

Can I get clarification that I can order any edition from anywhere (laminar, x-aviation, x-plane.org or aerosoft) and that some time next year I can fire up the updater and get all the aero soft added extras by download at that point at no additional cost?

Can I get clarification that I can order any edition from anywhere (laminar, x-aviation, x-plane.org or aerosoft) and that some time next year I can fire up the updater and get all the aero soft added extras by download at that point at no additional cost?

Me too.

I have already ordered the XP10, can I cancel it and order this 'US Community Edition' instead?

That's confused things nicely. So what exactly is it that i've ordered? I suspect it's the US community edition that's actually the European edition, (no logic in that at all), then again it might be the global edition as release was scheduled for end of january. No idea what's going on at all now.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's confused things nicely. So what exactly is it that i've ordered? I suspect it's the US community edition that's actually the European edition, (no logic in that at all), then again it might be the global edition as release was scheduled for end of january. No idea what's going on at all now.

What I read in Mathijs' message is that

- everybody that ordered X-Plane already will get the Aerosoft edition before Christmas

- and that early next year all registered users will get more content by just using the buit-in updater in X-Plane.

I say this is very good news!

• Upvote 2

The answer to your question is yes, but that wont happen till next year, ours however will be in a metal presentation box.

So eventually everyone software wise will end up with the same product on there computer.

I ordered from Aerosoft because I estimated it's cheaper than to do so from the US + shipping + import duty + handling fees vs aerosoft with free shipping.

That and I am quite patient.

Aerosoft has been pleasantly surprised about the demand from customers for an X-Plane 10 that includes some of the work we are doing internally. So we have decided to create an intermediate limited edition and to deliver that to customers before Christmas. It will not be a full production run and we’ll only have limited supply so if you like this version make sure you order as soon as possible. Part of the production will be shipped to our retail partners so you might see it in the shops as well.

With several versions of X-Plane 10 it might sound a bit complex but it really is not. Let us explain:

• Released early December: X-Plane 10 directly by Laminar Research
  • Release before Christmas: X-Plane 10: US Community Edition by Aerosoft. This will be the complete X-Plane 10, fully updated, enhanced with three high detailed European airports (Nice, Paderborn and Faro), three medium density airports and some more low density airports. This version will be in English and German and will come in a deluxe metal box. The price for this version will be € 69.95 (inc VAT) and can be ordered from our online store. If you wonder, we call this the US Community because the demand came mostly from that side.
  • Release early next year: X-Plane 10: Global Edition. This will be the complete release by Laminar research and Aerosoft that includes all what is in the US Community Edition plus all the other stuff we can add before that time.
  • After this release all will be merged into one version and the content we add will be included into the version shipped by Laminar Research. From that moment on there will only be one version of X-Plane 10. At that moment all registered users will have free access to all the content we will add using the standard update functionality of X-Plane

Hi, are there some good books available how to configure and use X-Plane 10? I downloaded the demo version of XP10. I am using the Saitek X52Pro and throttle and I would like to configure it as with my FSX. Especially the hat switch.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, are there some good books available how to configure and use X-Plane 10? I downloaded the demo version of XP10. I am using the Saitek X52Pro and throttle and I would like to configure it as with my FSX. Especially the hat switch.

Baron,

Did you try the X-Plane Manual? I think it covers quite a bit:

http://www.x-plane.c...ktop_manual.pdf

Pages 30-34 are about configuring joysticks.

I hate to sound wary (possibly gullible), but one thing really worries me; Watching the news from my TV lounge chair here in Australia (where our economy is fortunately very strong) the situation is so focused on the Euro being on the verge of collapse. What then???

I hate to sound wary (possibly gullible), but one thing really worries me; Watching the news from my TV lounge chair here in Australia (where our economy is fortunately very strong) the situation is so focused on the Euro being on the verge of collapse. What then???

Better hurry up and order your copy before the sh!t hits the fan ... or you can chalk-it up to the news hyping the situation up for their ratings.

• Aerosoft

Well it is an US development and when the Euro falls apart it does not mean the economies of European countries disintegrates. In fact it is pretty sure that the stronger countries like Germany will be better off in the long term. I would not worry. Aerosoft is very strong and Laminar Research is nearly impossible to get damaged in any way.

Also consider changing news channels, lol. I just saw some Fox News that predicted that Europe would decay into a quivering heap of warring nations inside a few weeks. Fascinatingly bad informed.

...maybe then Aerosoft will have to add 'trade a goat' as payment method to their shop system. :mallet_s:

And the exchange rate (sheep <-> Euro) just exploded. Good I got a dog that loves sheep.

Beware: the sheep market is clearly overheated. It's just a matter of time before we have to save another bank that put all its money into sheep options...