German Airports 2 - 2012 available for FSX and FS2004

Shaun Fletcher

The German Airports Team is again setting new standards in terms of quality, realism, and friendly frame rates. All airports are developed according to the 2012 status. Included are the airports of Cologne/Bonn, Hanover, Dortmund, Munster/Osnabruck and Leipzig/Halle in an absolutely astonishing quality.

All buildings, runway layout, taxiways, lighting and NAV aids are true to the original. Built on high resolution aerial images the airports and their surroundings show an absolute realistic image of the real world. Another highlight is the use of the Dynamic Airport Enhancement Services. The services ensure dynamic traffic on the apron and surrounding roads and motorways creating a lively atmosphere.

Notwithstanding the many details, the scenery will run with excellent frame rates on modern hardware.

Included Airports:

• Cologne/Bonn
  • Hanover
  • Dortmund
  • Munster/Osnabruck
  • Leipzig/Halle

[Product page]

Upgrade:

If you have bought the previous version in the Aerosoft-Shop you can download your version 2012 for free from your customer account. Owners of the boxed version can download the latest full version via the FAQ`s/Updates page on our site. (This includes updates for the singles)

colognebonn_18.jpg

ga2hannover_5.jpg

ga2dortmundx_7.jpg

ga2dortmundx_18.jpg

More Screenshots.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the information and updated sceneries!

2 questions:

1. Should the old sceneries be un-installed before installing the 2012 versions?
  2. Are the sceneries AES-compatible already?

Egbert

!: If installing a new full version then yes.

2: Best ask on the AES Forum.

I usually install files on my second computer and after succesful installation copy/paste only scenery folders and files to my main FS9 PC station because don't want to trash my register records. So, does the Airport Germany 2 2012 need on-line activation on certain PC or can be freely moved from testing PC to main PC with FS9?

Thanks for the tip. But for example - Keflavik X for 2004 - doesn't need on-line activation but did not work after copy/paste operation. I entered also manually register values via regedit but without success. I had to install it on my main PC to work properly. And for another example - Bornholm Island 2011 X needs on-line activation but smoothly passed my copy/paste operation from one PC to another.

Hi I have Colon/Bonn & Munster through Simmsrket are the upto daye versions availiable there as they seem the same as I have already

It is a complete new installer, not an update! There should only be two separate download, a FS9 and a FSX version

• Developer

I usually install files on my second computer and after succesful installation copy/paste only scenery folders and files to my main FS9 PC station because don't want to trash my register records. So, does the Airport Germany 2 2012 need on-line activation on certain PC or can be freely moved from testing PC to main PC with FS9?

Not a very good style to "Install" Sceneries, because you never know, if a addon only needs to place file into the Scenery/Texture Folder.

The Installer sometimes need to do more then this.

It's a very good style with many add-ons I have. I always look on another aspects of installation too and copy/paste also another files in FS9 root folder e.g. effects, textures, modules, gauges, sound and so on. Using this method - I decide where I want to place my new sceneries not the installer, which sometimes puts scenery/texture folders in many strange locations making mess in scenery.cfg file and FS9 root folder. Only add-ons required to compare on-line with PC I install on my main PC machine.

Hello i have a strange issue at Leipzig/Halle. Theres is a fence roaming around the airport, taxiway and rwy 26L please check the screenshot attached

at scenery areas GA2 is above GA2 LC (configured by the installer)

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/i/o/GRB8PgF7inW6wN6gX5sRjM99vRad1yG-TLg-FNBKGZ4/45547539/1323054000/099c26c/fence26Leipzig.JPG

Best Regards

Thanasis

HI !

first of all a big thank You to the GAP - Team for updating at no charge !!

Cologne works fine, but the new version of Hannover is flickering far too much to keep a place at my HD ... any possibility to change this ?

Regards

Dr. Brüll

but the new version of Hannover is flickering far too much to keep a place at my HD ... any possibility to change this ?

Yes, just add mipmaps to the textures. You can do that with the Imagetool from the FS9/FSX SDK.

I'm a little bit surprised that the GAP Team hasn't done that in Hanover, Dortmund and Munster/Osnabruck. Without mipmaps one gets flickering problems at these three airports.

Greetings

Tim

• Upvote 1

Yes, just add mipmaps to the textures. You can do that with the Imagetool from the FS9/FSX SDK.

I'm a little bit surprised that the GAP Team hasn't done that in Hanover, Dortmund and Munster/Osnabruck. Without mipmaps one gets flickering problems at these three airports.

Greetings

Tim

Surprised is putting it mildly. They announce it as state of the art quality and then they don't add mipmaps?! I suggest they make this their top priority for the next update. Actually, they should just do a re-release asap.

I appreciate the free updrade and fs9 availability, but this simply will not do, Aerosoft/GAP Team.

:)

Like missing mipmaps, missing alpha channels also pose a problem. If you (dev) don't already have it, get a copy of AlphaSearcher (by Peter van der Veen). It's available on the AIG Forums. It can search for both missing mipmaps and missing alpha channels. Great tool and great scenery test. EDDG 2012 was the first upgrade I installed, it has missing mips and it shows (shimmering). EDDK is the second and it has missing mips and alpa-less DXT3 textures (stutters). If these are '2012' sceneries, you have some work to do in addressing these issues.

;)

I think the best way would be to contact the Aerosoft support. It shouldn't be much work for them to supply you with the mipmaped textures :)

Greetings

Tim

Greetings

Tim

No textures flickering here. Must be a driver setting ?