Second screen up, running and hanging

Aerobird

This summer I bought a second flatscreen for my FSX, the idea being to have FlightSim Commander on the upper one, and FSX in virtual cockpit mode on the lower one. Now, it's done and the upper screen is mounted on a swivel stand attached to a plastered interior wall (I hope that is the right word). Last night I wondered if it would all come down in a big crash, but it seems to hold so far.

Anyway, having two screens like this works great, today I flew from ESSA to EAFS with Just Flights with a 757-200F series, they offered it for free, so I installed it.

Photographed the "new" rig just for fun, pictures are a bit grainy, but 6400ASA and no flash, is the reason for that.

There is an incompabillity importing flightplans directly from FSC 8.60 to Just Flights F-series 757-200, if anyone has a quick fix for that it's much appreciated. Enjoy flying folks!

post-34713-0-46696600-1322681231_thumb.j

post-34713-0-27309600-1322681308_thumb.j

post-34713-0-32246600-1322681397_thumb.j

I have my 2 screens side by side - one showing virtual cockpit, the other for charts, Plan-G, manuals, whatever - so much easier than having only 1 screen, if you have the space required. I had thought of having my number 2 over the top of number 1 but there's a bookshelf in the way, which would be too awkward to move. :)

I have my 2 screens side by side - one showing virtual cockpit, the other for charts, Plan-G, manuals, whatever - so much easier than having only 1 screen, if you have the space required. I had thought of having my number 2 over the top of number 1 but there's a bookshelf in the way, which would be too awkward to move. :)

My table is full and has a lowered shelf for monitor which is big enough for one but not for two monitors, so the only option left is the thin wallboard. Special screws seems to keep it hanging. Last night I also discovered that my antique chair in front of the table that I was sitting on, was about to disintegrate. It's a hundred years old, has been repaired by my father in law many times and every time it's a 100 kms drive. Furthermore she is very adament that repairs be done with no seeable traces. So yesterday, I decided to glue it with special glue (which doesn't work or work like hell). Wood is easy material so I hope it now keeps together, I'll find out in a few days. I do need more bookshelfs too, in fact I need a bigger house, but that's too much to ask for christmas. :hi2_s: