VFR LondonX water textures

werki

Dear all,

1. I have the boxed version of VFR LondonX (bought in a store) and I am looking for the version 1.3 for it, but I do not the update on the Aerosoft page. Any help?

2. The "water" around EGLC and in other places in London looks terrible, like a bricks texture, and there is no water texture. The Thames is fine, brownish ground, a nice water texture is there.

I have the FSX (Horizon) VFR GenerationX version 1.0 installed and I have REX2 installed.

Now I have the new UK2000 EGLC extreme installed but the water around EGLC is no better.

But it was that way before UK2000's EGLC.

Any help?

Does the v.1.3 fix this maybe?

Please help.

Regards

Karl

What setting do you have your water setting at?

Try at Low 1x.

Chris

Thank you for answering.

I am afraid that this low setting will mess up the other water, like the Thames water, which is extremely good.

Anyway, before trying that, do you know how to get the 1.3 update?

As I said, I am too stupid to find it on the Aeosoft website.

Regards

Karl

On Aerosoft's main page on the left hand side, look for a link thy says 'Updates'.

This will take you to the updates section. You will need to login and ensure your product is registered.

You will then be able to select London X and download any updates.

I hope that helps.

Chris

Thank you,

I have found it now. I see that I have to add VFR LondonX.

Regards

Karl

Dear all,

well the update does not solve my problem.

I still have the bricky water textures aroud EGLC London City.

Is there anybody who has the same problem?

Further info:

I have Acceleration, my rig has 9gigs RAM, Nvidia 2gigs g card, Intel i7, win7 64bit.

Even on these specs VFR LondonX takes a high toll with most sliders somewhat to the right.

So, any takers?

Who sees funny no-water textures around EGLC althoug the Thames is fine?

Regards

Kar

Post a screenshot and I will take a look....

Hello,

instead of sending a screenshot which just shows ugly textures, please be advised that I asked Mr Gary Summons (UK2000) about this problem and he knows what to do.

The fix means buying the GenX photo scenery again, which is version 3 meanwhile. I may be addicted enough to do this.

This is what Mr Gary Summons says:

I think your find the dock water is like this because its painted this way in the GEN-X image and has nothing to do with the airport scenery. If you turn off London City Xtreme the water will look the same. It is impossible to modify the Gen-X base image, yes you can paint over the top, but you cant make a hole it its image to reveal default water.

Here is screen shot of our airport using default scenery as you see we dont add any paint effect on top of the water, it is default that shows through for both the river and dock and are both the same

.What I can say is Gen-X Version 3 is not the same as V1, as you can see below the the water in V3, combines both photo and FSX water effects

So if you want the river to look the same as dock, you need Gen-X version3, or remove Gen-X. UNQUOTE.

So much is the pity.

If you have a better idea of a fix, please do not hesitate to post it.

Regards

Karl

• 5 months later...

I get these blue blocks in my water and I do not own GENX at all.

This thread is about EGLC and not blue blocks of water, please start a new thread and please specify a little more of your issue and attach a screesnhot to it please.

I solved my blue blocked water by making it quality 2 low.. Maybe its not the same blocks we are talking about. Mine would jump and and out, but it was cause I had water on 1 low.