Antartica RZ1-RZ12?

wingclip

Hi Folks, I must say that your new Antarctica X release looks very exciting! As long as I can remember, I always felt a tinge of depression set in whenever I would see any documentary on that continent. That was because I always knew that I'd never get to go there and see it for myself.

It looks like Antarctica X will change that feeling I get in a big way. It appears that your people put 100% of their focus behind this project and I have NO DOUBT what so ever that I will be flying this territory within the next two weeks!

I do have a question that may have been mentioned in the 'Short Version' manual but if it was, I missed it. What does the RZ-1 through RZ-12 and KZ-1 through KZ-14 trails indicate as displayed on the northwest corner of the continent in Google Earth?

I'd like to make a small suggestion if you don't mind; maybe sometime in the near future you can add a Snowmobile or Snow Cat to your model that would give the pilot the ability to land and take a short ground-level tour of the area.

It wouldn't have to be a complex version, just something fitting to operate in that environment with the goal focused on up-close site seeing more than the actual vehicle to do it in. Something like FTX's "BOB" but with a dashboard. (Just a suggestion).

Great Job!

That was because I always knew that I'd never get to go there and see it for myself.

Well, I guess the "cheapest" way to get there will be http://www.aeroviasdap.cl/antartica_e.html. But they only offer a "short hop" to an island on the northern tip of the peninsula, which is mostly fee of snow and ice (around the airtrip) in summer. Just in case that ever is an option for you... With Antarctica X you get a few more destinations for a lower fare though...

I do have a question that may have been mentioned in the 'Short Version' manual but if it was, I missed it. What does the RZ-1 through RZ-12 and KZ-1 through KZ-14 trails indicate as displayed on the northwest corner of the continent in Google Earth?

The flightplan file for Halley-Rothera (and back) uses the RZ waypoints while Fossil Bluff-Halley (and back uses) the KZ waypoints.

I'll keep that request for a snomobile in mind but can't promise anything right now.

Bests,

Sascha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sascha

I was wondering if the plan to do the extra stations and add some animal life will go ahead?

Bests,

Etienne

I'll watch the sales for a few months and will decide then. Currently it looks promising but if they don't keep up there's no room to spend more time on an update with additional content.

Bests,

Sascha