Antarctica X - Halley missing!

KPD

Absolutely loving the Antarctica X.

But apart from the static Twotter and runways, I cannot see any other objects at Halley station. Reinstalled once. No problems with the activation. Scenery settings identical to manual recommendations.

Any help is appreciated.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to quote Sascha from the Beta Forum:

We skipped it because of the imminent release and for a more detailed version of the Kiwi's Scott Base (that wasn't actually in the list as I see in surprise...).

Does this mean it will be added later on as an add-on or a simple update?

Possibly. It's all depening on sales. If the Antarctica X is as succesful as we think it will be there will be an update with additional content. But that also depends on which other bases are requested meanwhile. And you always have to keep in mind that with Rothera and Sky Blu there are already two British bases in high detail while there isn't a single Russian base represented in high detail yet (as an example).

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Flew around Ross Island from the McMurdo helipads. All I see is shadows on the ground where I expect to see Scott Base. I have the DVD version of Antarctica X which I then uninstalled, reinstalled, registered, etc with no problems. Is the Scott Base I see in the screen shots in the download version? Is there a way to get it?

Flying the pipeline departure from the McMurdohelipads just isn't the same without seeing the Kiwi base. (I was fortunate enough to fly 2 seasons in McMurdo.)

I did not see either Shackleton's or Scott's Huts on Cape Royds or Cape Evans either. I'm guessing they did not make the terrain cut.

Overall a very well done product! Just wish I could see Scott Base.

Flew around Ross Island from the McMurdo helipads. All I see is shadows on the ground where I expect to see Scott Base. I have the DVD version of Antarctica X which I then uninstalled, reinstalled, registered, etc with no problems. Is the Scott Base I see in the screen shots in the download version? Is there a way to get it?

Flying the pipeline departure from the McMurdohelipads just isn't the same without seeing the Kiwi base. (I was fortunate enough to fly 2 seasons in McMurdo.)

I did not see either Shackleton's or Scott's Huts on Cape Royds or Cape Evans either. I'm guessing they did not make the terrain cut.

Overall a very well done product! Just wish I could see Scott Base.

1. Did you set the scenery complexity setting slider to "Normal" or higher?
  2. If that doesn't solve it: Can you check if the files Scott.bgl and Scott_Library.bgl exist in the following folder?:
    FSX\Aerosoft\Antarctica X\Scenery\

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha,

Checked files, verified settings, and then opted for a complete reload. Scott Base magically appeared afterwards. All I can say is this is an awesome product and worth every penny. I thought I'd never fly around Antarctica again but now I can take a stroll down memory lane whenever I want. My wife who did 3 seasons in Antarctica including a winter-over is equally impressed! I can't wait to get over to Marble Point (there is a heliport there in real life) and start reaquainting myself with the Dry Valleys!

I look forward to any add-ons or updates you might do particularly if you add Scott's and Shackleton's huts at Cape Evans and Cape Royd's.

If I want to see the Connie Pegasus or the CG H-52 on the side of Erebus I'll look at my pictures :)

Cheers, Todd Coggeshall, OP Deep Freeze 00, 02 USCGC POLAR STAR Senior Aviator

Thank you, Todd.

Marble Point and the Dry Valley camps didn't make it into the final product but I'm considering them for a future update. Same applies for the historical huts around there.

Bests,

Sascha