IcelandX scenery problem. Conflict with Earth Simulations Guernsey

MWR

Hi All.

I've just purchased IcelandX and Keflavik from Aerosoft and found I had a similar problem to a previous poster. The problem was that if an attempt was made to start a flight from Keflavik then FSX crashed. Well, I started on a long attempt to find out what the problem was by uninstalling and re-installing the scenery. Checking orders in the scenery library etc. Then I saw the previous post stating that they had found reference to a forum in which another IcelandX user had discovered that the problem was a confliction between IcelandX and an Earth simulations scenery. I have Earth Simulations Guernsey installed. By process of elimination I've found that the problem lies between something inside the file 'IcelandX priority 2' and the Earth Simulations Guernsey file 'EI-CS 3D library'. At this point my meagre knowledge falls down.

I've found that if I de-select The EI-CS 3D library file within FSX scenery library then IcelandX will operate normally but I'd really prefer to be able to use all my preferred scenery areas ticked and useable without this problem. Any ideas? Particularly from Aerosoft and Earth Simulations? I'm going to post this on their forum too.

Regards.

Mike

Mike, have you tried to change the order in you scenery library, and give either Guernsey or Iceland a higher priority?

Thanks mopperle.

Just tried that and I'm afraid it doesn't solve the problem. I've tried ES above IcelandX and IcelandX above ES.

Mike

Unfortunately that's right. If I'm not mistaken it has to do with changes they make to default files, the terrain.cfg or something like that. For most users with that kind of issue the only solution was uninstalling the earthsimulation addon.

Keep in mind that all our products are only guaranteed to function properly with an unmodified FS.

Hi Mathijs.

I merely posted this question to see if there had been a problem flagged up by other users that there might be an easy work around. I don't have any complaints about Aerosoft at all and certainly don't want to claim any refunds on IcelandX. As most of my flights originate in the UK I use the Earth Simulations scenery quite often and as it's an excellent piece of work I wouldn't wish to uninstall it completely. Through trial and error testing I've found that if I just deselect the Earth Sims scenery in the scenery library before flying to or from Keflavik then I can get around the problem. (It only occurs when originating or inbound to Keflavik and not to/from any other airport in Iceland).

Please keep up the good work, (I'm standing by to buy the Dusseldorf scenery when released). I realise these things can occur with FSX add-ons.

All the best.

Mike