Antarctica X problem downloading

Skkuda

Im having nightmares to make it work.

Every time that I start a new download at some points stops working and not allow to restart.

Im using Gigaget as Dl manager an I went as far as 30%

every resume function gives me The requested URL /pub/.hmgjjizxzehgrpgcllh/AS_ANTARCTICA-X.rar was not found on this server.

20 times the downloads stop working and I have already try with all the available servers......

any help will be apreciated

For what it's worth........... I had same problem, however, after second download (2+ hours) it's now in the folder, however, will not open. Geezzzzzz!!!!!! Maybe I'll try downloading agian, however, after 3 hours.......I've had enough for one day. (smile)

Hope others have better luck......I've ran out of ideas.

Cheers,

Ahhhh............. rebooted the computer and now everything is fine......installing as we speak!!!!

Off to the South.......... a dream coming true. (At least virtually. (smile))

• Root Admin

Hi,

which mirror did you are using?

Did you try to refresh the account-order page?...the download link of the mirror 1 and mirror 2 have to refresh to create a new download link if you get this error message (The requested URL /pub/.xxxxx/AS_ANTARCTICA-X.rar was not found)

Hi,which mirror did you are using?

Already try all of them (German, Europe, USA)

Did you try to refresh the account-order page?...the download link of the mirror 1 and mirror 2 have to refresh to create a new download link

the problem seems to be that downloader manager cant continue with a paused download.

last night lost last download at 72% and when i try to start it from this point it cant

cheers

Hello Folks,

You need a download manager that uses "Resume" so when it breaks refresh the download page to get a new link and then right click on the download link and select, "Copy link location" then paste this in as the new download URL, repeat the process as necessary till download is complete.. Simples.

Just copying in a comment from the AVSIM forum:

• You should give customers the option of also downloading a set of multiple 2 GBy files!
  • Also use the .zip format because .rar is a PITA for PC users!
  • The timeout is far too short for a 15 hr download at 1 MBit/Sec broadband ADSL link (what's the point of using a download manager if the server does not allow the resume because it timed out?)

AntarcticaX looks very nice from the videos (I will be installing it in the next few days) but I would really rather developpers not innovate on downloading techniques:

• Use 2 GBy files max
    • Use the .zip format
    • Keep the files live until they are downloaded once

This is what most everybody else does, BTW.

Remember, when asking customers to "just do this" or "just do that" for your particular add-on, that we have a zillion add-ons on our FSX PCs by now and keeping track of everything that needs to be done "just like this" or "just like that" for each specific add-on becomes a real pain.

As an example of what I mean, with MegaSceneryX's California State Complete, I downloaded over a 100 files and 110 GBy continuously over a 10 day period without any hiccups at all (and that includes my ISP going off-line for a few minutes every morning for system maintenance), and I did this by copying a single URL into my download manager! Oh, and no .rar files either!

And of course I do have my pet peeve that for reasons unknown (and I have complained several times!) the Aerosoft installer always requires me to install scenery on my FSX disk instead of another disk I use for scenery. So then I manually move the scenery to my sceenry disk, and this would be OK), except that when an update is released, it looks into my FSX drive (never mind what my scenery.cfg says!) and complains it can't find the v. 1.00 to update, so there again I go installing v. 1.00, then the update, and then again moving averything over manually to my scenery drive. Sometimes I think Aerosofties live in a parallell universe! Big%20Grin.gif

Please remember that all time unnecessarily spent nursing along a download or cajoling an add-on to install itself onto the disk we chose is time we are not spending simming enjoying your add-on (and is of course also time spent away from our families).

Many thanks.

Cheers,

- jahman.

i am really annoyed

I have just purchaed and downloaded this and find it is a RAR - how the hell am i supposed to open it?

If i had known it was a rar i would not have purchased.

MONEY BACK PLEASE

I have just purchaed and downloaded this and find it is a RAR - how the hell am i supposed to open it?

You could try the free 7-Zip program. Opens and extracts Rar files just fine. Did I mention it's FREE?

• Aerosoft

There are several reasons to use the rar format. The most basic is that standard zip files simply cannot be that large. And to use non standard zip files leads to all other kinds of compatibility issues. And we decided to use one file as we had major problems in the past with cutting the file into separate sections. Many customers have problems unpacking all separate files and putting them into one folder. We simply a far higher amount of customer support needed with that option. Using more then one file also makes handling the mirroring of the file servers a lot more complex. As file sizes grow we will encounter these issue more often. See Take on: Helicopters. That is also released as a RAR file for the same reasons. And as expected they see the same issues with a few customers.

The fix is easy though. We strongly advise 7zip that can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/. Install that and simply right click on the file you downloaded, select unpack. 7Zip is one of the finest free tools you can install on your computer. It's dead easy, totally free and does not come with any junkware.

Of course, the boxed version will be available shortly and that reduces the whole problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are several reasons to use the rar format.

[...]

Mathijs,

Is it not possible for Aerosoft to make it a self-extracting archive file? Both 7zip and WinRAR can do that for you.

Mopperle - thanks for being absoulutely no help. Why you have VIP assist on your profile I dont know! :blowbubble_s:

Meshman and Mathijs - thank you for your suggestions and help.

Am now happy to report that I have everything working and I no longer wish for a refund - thanks for a great product. :excellenttext_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mopperle - thanks for being absoulutely no help. Why you have VIP assist on your profile I dont know! :blowbubble_s:

Meshman and Mathijs - thank you for your suggestions and help.

Am now happy to report that I have everything working and I no longer wish for a refund - thanks for a great product. :excellenttext_s:

Read you post! You were complaining and asking for refund instead of simply asking for help.

If you would have written "I don't know what to do with a rar file, can anybody help me", then you would have got help.

But:

..how the hell am i supposed to open it..

..If i had known it was a rar i would not have purchased..

..MONEY BACK PLEASE..

Is not the appropriate way to ask for support!

• Upvote 2