ManhattanX Wake Problem

phenocom

I have just reinstalled your ManhattanX scenery on my new Windows 7 computer and I am having a problem with the wake from the Staten Isl. Ferry

showing up going straight up in the air instead of on the water. I have Megascenery Earth but never had this problem before. I did load a third party rendition of the old World Trade Center Towers prior to this anomaly showing up but I have since deleted this due to the possibility of it causing this.

However, this had no effect and I am still showing this anomaly. I have already uninstalled ManhattanX and reinstalled it but I still have this problem.

I would greatly appreciate any help to correct this.

I have just reinstalled your ManhattanX scenery on my new Windows 7 computer and I am having a problem with the wake from the Staten Isl. Ferry

showing up going straight up in the air instead of on the water. I have Megascenery Earth but never had this problem before. I did load a third party rendition of the old World Trade Center Towers prior to this anomaly showing up but I have since deleted this due to the possibility of it causing this.

However, this had no effect and I am still showing this anomaly. I have already uninstalled ManhattanX and reinstalled it but I still have this problem.

I would greatly appreciate any help to correct this.

When you installed the scenery did you install it as Administrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

When you installed the scenery did you install it as Administrator by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Yes. I installed the scenery by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" and I still show the wake of the S.I. Ferry vertical instead of horizontal.

I noticed that the wakes of the boats in Venice are all vertical also There is definitely a problem here!!!!

Yes. I installed the scenery by right clicking on the installer Icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" and I still show the wake of the S.I. Ferry vertical instead of horizontal.

I noticed that the wakes of the boats in Venice are all vertical also There is definitely a problem here!!!!

As this is not a common problem then unfortunately that means its related to your setup and you will have to investigate to resolve this.

• 1 month later...

As this is not a common problem then unfortunately that means its related to your setup and you will have to investigate to resolve this.

I have investigated my system from top to bottom and the problem still persists. Any suggestions from the originator of the software?

I have investigated my system from top to bottom and the problem still persists. Any suggestions from the originator of the software?

Can you try to find another place where the wake effect is used and see what it looks like there.

Canb you try to fins another place where the wake effect is used and see what it looks like there.

The only other place I can see this wake effect is in Venice. If I am correct these are both from Developer Kosma. And yes it does show going up in the air in Venice also.

The only other place I can see this wake effect is in Venice. If I am correct these are both from Developer Kosma. And yes it does show going up in the air in Venice also.

Let me try to ascertain which fx is the wake file for the ferries in Manhattan.

Uses an effect named: wake_l_2

regards

Andras

Thank you for your answer, but I can't find the file anywhere in my FSX effects folder or the Aerosoft folder.

Do you know where the installer places that file?

Thank you for your answer, but I can't find the file anywhere in my FSX effects folder or the Aerosoft folder.

Do you know where the installer places that file?

Do a search of your Effects folder for wake can you list the filenames you have for it, not including the bmps,

Do a search of your Effects folder for wake can you list the filenames you have for it, not including the bmps,

fx_WoS_B377_wake

fx_wake_Sulphur

fx_wake_xl

fx_wakeBow_carrier

fx_wakeBow_l

fx_wakeBow_m

fx_wakeBow_s

fx_wakeBow_ss

fx_wakeBow_x_

fx_WakeCSM

flytampa_aiship_wake_tiny

flytampa_aiship_wake_small

flytampa_aiship_wake_large

flytampa_aiship_wake_medium

fx_AI_Hu16_spray-and-wake

MF_AI_ship_wake_xl

MF_AI_ship_wake_cruiser

fx_wake_carrier

fx_AI_ship_wake_l

fx_AI_floatplane_spray-and-wake

fx_wop2_p40_wake

fx_wake

fx_wake_l

fx_wake_m

fx_wake_s

fx_wake_ss

These are all the wake files I got on my search they all end in .fx

Try removing the above file out of the effects folder does the wake then not show in FSX.

Ok I removed that file and the Staten Island Ferry pulls out of its dock with no wake at all!!

Ok I removed that file and the Staten Island Ferry pulls out of its dock with no wake at all!!

So we found the file that your having issues with, this may be corrupted, one way to find out is to say get the xl wake file make a copy and rename it to fx_wake_l.fx and see if it sticks upright.

If not then you know the file you have is corrupted and needs replacing.

Let me know how you get on with the test.

post-14663-0-30332400-1327685293_thumb.p

From the above screenshot you can see the result of what you suggested. The wake is there, it is on the water but it is colorerd a dark grey or black instead of the bluish color. Also all of the other FSX boats have this same wake color (almost like black ink).

post-14663-0-30332400-1327685293_thumb.p

From the above screenshot you can see the result of what you suggested. The wake is there, it is on the water but it is colorerd a dark grey or black instead of the bluish color. Also all of the other FSX boats have this same wake color (almost like black ink).

So that tells you that the wake file you have may be corrupted or has been altered in some form as its pointing the wrong way instead of being flat its now upright.

Can you e-mail me at shaunaerosoft@aol.com and mention this post.

So that tells you that the wake file you have may be corrupted or has been altered in some form as its pointing the wrong way instead of being flat its now upright.

Can you e-mail me at shaunaerosoft@aol.com and mention this post.

Just a note to let you know I have sent you the requested Email on this topic.