WILCO AIRBUS EVOLUTION CTD FS9 & FSX

Christiaan

Just bought and installed the Wilco Evolution Airbus Aerosoft bundle offer as which states that it is for Win7 64bits unlike the previous series.

Have the previous series which was not compatible with Win7 64bits, this gave a lot of CTD's when changing liveries, other types of the Airbus & other aircraft.

If I do not change the aircraft everything seems to be fine.

So I thought the new Evolution should work, a big expensive mistake.

I am getting the same CTD's as before which is highly irritating as up-to-now these two Wilco series have cost quite a good amount of money.

Wilco has no support forum, only a message how to install & set up under Window7/Vista on FSX, on FS9 I have the same trouble as I have tested this.

Wilco states first install using full Admin rights, then edit the VISTA security to "Allow", tick Full control, OK. Installation can then start. Very complicated

I am sure that I have full permission to run the computer and the Flight Sims.

I am the only person on the PC, when I bought it the shop added a few installs and said that I was the only user.

As I am not an expert in computers I do not want to screw up the Fl Sims as everything else works perfect, PMDG,Level -D CSL- AFS etc.etc, Everything works

fantastic but not Wilco, which I have bought now for the third time because I like the liveries.

Have the FS9 & FSX on a second hard disk and install everything as Administrator, I installed Series 1 under Administration and Series 2 without, just to see if this made a

difference, it did not.

Any suggestions how to get this working, otherwise I shall have to see if I can return the Evolution to Aerosoft.

Tried FSX and everything went alright, did not alter anything as I had full rights.

However FS9 is the same, CTD's.

Did you try applying the same permissions to the FS9 folder.

Also try backing up the fs9.cfg and deleting the original and allow FS9 to write a new one next time it starts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have full administration rights so I was pretty sure the problem was not there.

Had only tried FS9, tried later in FSX and everything worked fine, which was not the case with the original Airbus series as they were not for Windows 64bits.

In FS9 I changed the panel to one which came with a free-ware add-on and everything worked.

So something in the panel was giving me the trouble, what I may never know.

In FSX I had to confirm the TRUST question, this option is not available in FS9.

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes I am listening, and I do appreciate your help but where do I find these fmgc.cfg files, I have searched in the Wilco Airbus Evolution series but cannot locate it.

Also what does this file do.

Like I wrote FSX is working fine but I have had to alter the panel in FS9 to a freeware one which gave no CTD's.

EDIT

Found the file deleted it from the Airbus 320 in FS9, reverted to the original panel but when I restarted FS9 (twice) a new fmgc file was not made and got a CDT.

Restored the original cfg file & freeware panel and everything was okay.

Try to search for those files; fmgc.cfg

or look at this folder : D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FeelThere\Airbus\FMGC\A320

When you find those files, you can delete them with no problems. Hope you will find it..

I did find them as you can see from my EDIT posted 13 Dec.

I can live with having another more basic panel in FS9, the FSX panel is original as this does not give any issues, unlike the previous Wilco versions I had where 64bits was not supported.