Anchorage now also available for FS2004!

Shaun Fletcher

Anchorage, the paradise for flight enthusiasts and pilots is finally available for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004! The airport Ted Stevens International comes along with all buildings and facilities and with AESLite ground vehicle traffic on the airport and nearby roads. Like in FSX, the FS2004 version contains Lake Hood, the largest seaplane base in the world located next to Ted Stevens International. Get ready to discover Alaska with its vast wilderness! Please note that the FSX version of Anchorage is NOT included in this package. Owners of the FS2004 version are entitled to a 50% discount when buying the FSX version.

[Product Page]

anchorage_25.jpg

anchorage_14.jpg

anchorage_11.jpg

anchorage_18.jpg

More Screenshots.

Just bought FS2004 PANC and everything looks fine...except that the South Terminal is missing after installation. Screenshot attahced. I know that add-ons like Contrails Pro has messed up KEF but when disabled, KEF is fine however PANC, the South terminal is still missing after deactivating Contrails Pro. Any clues or suggestions as how get the South Terminal to display?

post-45509-0-46897300-1322065414_thumb.j

• Developer

Just bought FS2004 PANC and everything looks fine...except that the South Terminal is missing after installation. Screenshot attahced. I know that add-ons like Contrails Pro has messed up KEF but when disabled, KEF is fine however PANC, the South terminal is still missing after deactivating Contrails Pro. Any clues or suggestions as how get the South Terminal to display?

You must activate the Scenery by the launcher, after you have installed it.

Brilliant news!

One question: I have just bought the scenery, and I've got one question for which I'd like an answer before I install it.

I use FSGenesis' mesh: do I have to check the installer's box asking for "addon terrain mesh such as Ultimate Terrain Alaska "?

Before I go further, thought I'd ask.

Thanks !

I'm also having problems with the activation. After I activated the scenery via Launcher, the passenger terminals showed up, but the entire North Cargo Area (UPS/FedEx) with buildings is still missing.

Would appreciate your help.

Here is what I did again.

1. Uninstalled PANC via Aerosoft uninstaller

2. Run PANC Installer again

3. Run Aerosoft Launcher and activated "new files"

Stil North Cargo Area buildings are fully missing. Also, when I select PANC in FS2004 menu it tells me that it's Lake Hood, not Ted Stevens Airport.

Waiting for your solution of the problems.

Stil North Cargo Area buildings are fully missing. Also, when I select PANC in FS2004 menu it tells me that it's Lake Hood, not Ted Stevens Airport.

The second issue is explained in the manual and is caused by the fact that the airports are very close to each other...

Finally got to install. Very nice, as expected from SimWings devs.

One small suggestion however: would there be any chance, if there is an update one day, to add some more 'life' in the ramp cargo areas, which look rather "empty" around the parking spots, i.e.: containers, loaders and such things ?

• Developer

Hi,

about the question when to check or uncheck the button "using addon terrain mesh such as Ultimate Terrain Alaska "? during install:

This is ONLY related to Ultimate Terrain Alaska/Canada´s roads and costlines. It is NOT nessecary to check the box

when using a pure mesh height model like FSGenesis, FSGlobal or else. The scenery comes with its own small height mesh to

overwrite third party meshes and to avoid the plateau effect often caused by those meshes.

Eventually there exists another add on like UTAlaska/Canada with roads, coastlines etc. Than better check the box.

The reason is that those addons overwrite default airport flatten files which we also have to overwrite cause they cannot be "excluded".

To avoid conflicts check the box.

Thorsten

Hi Shaun

This is another wonderful scenery from Aerosoft/SimWings and I'm delighted with it and delighted that an FS9 version was produced. But I was having the same missing buildings issue that I've read about above. I will have to install via the Launcher but I'm going to be frank with you and say that I'm not happy about having to do that. I was having a number of issues with scenery and aircraft files being corrupted and I became 99% sure that I had tracked the problem down to the Aerosoft Launcher. Since uninstalling it I've had no problems. The same thing has happened to others - it isn't just me. Now I find I'm going to have to reinstall the Launcher. Not happy! :glare_s: I wasn't planning on making the possible problem with the Launcher an issue so haven't mentioned it on this forum but I am almost certain it is causing problems on some systems including mine

Fixed. I didn't realized that you incorporated the scenery objects into FS autogen

Brilliant news!

One question: I have just bought the scenery, and I've got one question for which I'd like an answer before I install it.

I use FSGenesis' mesh: do I have to check the installer's box asking for "addon terrain mesh such as Ultimate Terrain Alaska "?

Before I go further, thought I'd ask.

Thanks !

Shaun,

I have the same question...I have UT and FSgenesis...I check yes in this field...but I'm experiencing an issue when using Fspax. Essentially, once Fspax is activated it sounds as if the airframe is driving across the terrain (off runway) throughout the entire Airport. Please advised

thx

Shaun,

I have the same question...I have UT and FSgenesis...I check yes in this field...but I'm experiencing an issue when using Fspax. Essentially, once Fspax is activated it sounds as if the airframe is driving across the terrain (off runway) throughout the entire Airport. Please advised

thx

As FSpax isn't a product we use you would need to ask at there forum.

• Developer

Shaun,

thx

The FSpax issue is know, we are working on that.

hey. i also have the missing terminal issue.

I uninstalled anchorage and the launcher (which failed to open)

then reinstalled anchorage then followed up with the installation of the Launcher, which then failed to open again. ''aersoft launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close'' its doing this everytime.

Ryan.C

• Developer

Just purchased this for FS9 (getting FSX version now for 50%off - thanks for that!)) and wondering why it isn't showing up in AES 2.13? If it isn't ready for AES yet, when will it be for FS9?

Regards,

Bill

Please check this

• Developer

Shaun,

thx

To fix the FSPax Problem, please unpack the attached file to the Anchorage Airport Scenery Folder.

PANC FSPfix.zip