Can't Reinstall Oslo

mongo52

Let me start by saying that I believe that this problem is of my own doing. I was fiddling around some time back with removing un-needed files on my C: drive, and I am pretty sure that I deleted the files necessary to uninstall and then reinstall Oslo. I tried flying there recently and the airport looked like many files were missing. When I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, I remembered my illadvised foray. When I try now to uninstall it, I get an error message as follows:

Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002

Error Information:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (142)

PAPP:

PVENDOR:

PGUID:

$16.0.0.435

@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (7601)

IE Version: 9.0.8112.16421

When I tried to install Oslo, I got a message saying please remove the original version.

Please let me know what info you need to confirm that I have purchased the software, and I am a licensed user. Then, if possible, can you suggest a way to fix my boneheadedness.

Thanks

Mike Gutierrez

North Hollywood, California

Thank you Shaun. This seems to have worked. One thing I want to confirm, however. First, I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and the "InstallShield Installation Information" folder was under "Program Files (x86)". Since the installation worked, I assume this was the correct directory. Also, I temporarily removed all of the files in the InstallShield etc folder, and installed the Oslo scenery. When I copied all of the Installshield files back to the InstallShield folder, I got a message saying that one of the files was already in the InstallShield folder. I assume that this file was created when I reinstalled Oslo, and therefore when I was asked if I wanted to merge the two folders, I said no, and kept the original InstallShield folder in the temp folder I had created. Is this OK? I still have the original InstallShield folder in the temporary location, and I can merge the two if needed. Thanks again for your help. Mike Gutierrez