Microsoft Flight Compatibility

Piper9t3

Hello

I was wondering with the anticipated release of the new flight sim "Microsoft Flight" scheduled for early next year, will Aerosoft be providing updates for their Mega Airport sceneries to make them compatible with Microsoft Flight? I am currently using FSX with many of your wonderful Mega Airport scenery add-ons and don't want to give them up for the new sim!

John

I am just guessing at a release date for early next year based on MS flight info on the internet (supposedly there will be a release date announced next month). In any event, like Shaun says it is best to wait till it arrives and deal with compatibility - if any - at that time.

John

• Aerosoft

We are fully undecided on Flight at this moment for the simple reason we have so little solid information on it. We have only seen nice images of Hawaii and light aircraft. As we know MS wants this to be a downloadable product, it is clearly impossible that this level of detail would be world-wide. When we get our hands on a copy we'll decide. If it is will be closed environment with a shop where only Microsoft can sell things are not looking better.

Let's just wait and see if they cover big aircraft and the whole world, okay?

• Upvote 1

We are fully undecided on Flight at this moment for the simple reason we have so little solid information on it. We have only seen nice images of Hawaii and light aircraft. As we know MS wants this to be a downloadable product, it is clearly impossible that this level of detail would be world-wide. When we get our hands on a copy we'll decide. If it is will be closed environment with a shop where only Microsoft can sell things are not looking better.

Let's just wait and see if they cover big aircraft and the whole world, okay?

Mathijs thank you for the reply......your airport sceneries have added a whole new level of realism to FSX. It would be a foolish move for MS to close shop on Flight in my opinion.

John

• 1 month later...

Time to take another look at the Microsoft Flight website folks - if you haven't already. Beta is up and running and there are still vacancies.

The public blurb is that it will be released as a freebie in "Spring" but free only means Hawaii Big Island. It's going to be a game with DLC (downloadable content) which means you will probably have to buy your way round the world. Same goes for your hangar - no more freeware. Not even paints. You will have to buy your content and DL it from M$.

There's a good commentary/write up from Robert Randazzo of PMDG on Avsim. He airs a few comments about MSF. You might want to read this yourselves. - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358874-some-thoughts-on-flight/

Time to take another look at the Microsoft Flight website folks - if you haven't already. Beta is up and running and there are still vacancies.

The public blurb is that it will be released as a freebie in "Spring" but free only means Hawaii Big Island. It's going to be a game with DLC (downloadable content) which means you will probably have to buy your way round the world. Same goes for your hangar - no more freeware. Not even paints. You will have to buy your content and DL it from M$.

There's a good commentary/write up from Robert Randazzo of PMDG on Avsim. He airs a few comments about MSF. You might want to read this yourselves. - http://forum.avsim.n...ghts-on-flight/

A very interesting read, pretty much confirming what I though Flight would become. I wonder how this will play out with Prepar3D, pricey as it is, it certainly is looking more and more like the next generation flight simulator to go with.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone really give two hoots about flight anymore? Great fun just flying around Hawaii. Which probably still wont be as good as FSX with Dillingham X, and certainly wont have such a vast array of aircraft to fly round said tiny area.

Does anyone really give two hoots about flight anymore? Great fun just flying around Hawaii. Which probably still wont be as good as FSX with Dillingham X, and certainly wont have such a vast array of aircraft to fly round said tiny area.

Things can change! :lol:

I might wait until more information on not just the present, but also on the possible future of this release is available before tossing it over my shoulder.

I have a sneaky suspiscion that Microsoft Flight may just surprise us in the future. Not with the initial release but with subsequent installments. It's a bit like the saying "You can always trust [whomever] to do the right thing but only after they have tried everything else. The addon industry is in my opinion too large for MS to ignore for any significant amount of time. They are playing "hardball" now but how likely is that to last?

Indeed, MS Flight may do way more to bring new blood into the hobby than people perhaps realise, something our hobby desperately needs.

Just my one quid...

I have a sneaky suspiscion that Microsoft Flight may just surprise us in the future. Not with the initial release but with subsequent installments. It's a bit like the saying "You can always trust [whomever] to do the right thing but only after they have tried everything else. The addon industry is in my opinion too large for MS to ignore for any significant amount of time. They are playing "hardball" now but how likely is that to last?

Indeed, MS Flight may do way more to bring new blood into the hobby than people perhaps realise, something our hobby desperately needs.

Just my one quid...

D'accord! :)

Only time will tell, but until such time as an objective judgement can be made, I am more than happy to continue with FSX, the NGX, OrbX, Aerosoft and the like.

There will be enough reviews and reports in due course once MSF has been released officially and the "business model" has been uncovered.

Only then will judgement in the form of purchased content be made.

A

• Aerosoft

Judging by the beta...im not too excited. I haven't touched it since the day it opened. FSX/FS9 will be my choice for the foreseeable future that's for sure.

Please do not violate the NDA on this forum by saying you are part of the beta.