LOWI- Innsbruck- Runway is black

Getheron

I bought the Aerosoft Zürich airport earlier this month (Nov2011) with no problems, looking beautiful.

Couple of days ago(Nov. 2011) I bought Innsbruck FSX. Looking forward landing here because of the beautiful mountains and difficult approach, approaching with my MD11, runway 26 for the first time and the main runway is like ”black”, no lights. I could see the main building terminal and other taxiways, I chose the part that I could see which was the about on the apron next to the buildings, nearly took out a innocent 737 refueling, I apologize profusely. Then after taxiing to the main building the main runway came into focus with a lovely grey and the lights as magic, as it should be. In the meantime I downloaded the available 2 patches that I could find for FSX on Aerosoft(Innsbruck). I noticed on the forums that there were issues with this airport with freezing. I tested it a couple of times testing RW 26 with MD11 with the same result, black runway until touchdown, I could see everything else like the buildings terminal i.e. , and then after a while on the taxiway or airport, the main runway repairs itself. I am using REX. Maybe I must change a setting somewhere, could not find any manual about settings on the LOWI, Aerosoft. Maybe you guys can give me some direction.

Thanks in advance.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I bought the Aerosoft Zürich airport earlier this month (Nov2011) with no problems, looking beautiful.

Couple of days ago(Nov. 2011) I bought Innsbruck FSX. Looking forward landing here because of the beautiful mountains and difficult approach, approaching with my MD11, runway 26 for the first time and the main runway is like ”black”, no lights. I could see the main building terminal and other taxiways, I chose the part that I could see which was the about on the apron next to the buildings, nearly took out a innocent 737 refueling, I apologize profusely. Then after taxiing to the main building the main runway came into focus with a lovely grey and the lights as magic, as it should be. In the meantime I downloaded the available 2 patches that I could find for FSX on Aerosoft(Innsbruck). I noticed on the forums that there were issues with this airport with freezing. I tested it a couple of times testing RW 26 with MD11 with the same result, black runway until touchdown, I could see everything else like the buildings terminal i.e. , and then after a while on the taxiway or airport, the main runway repairs itself. I am using REX. Maybe I must change a setting somewhere, could not find any manual about settings on the LOWI, Aerosoft. Maybe you guys can give me some direction.

Thanks in advance.

Check that "Preview DirectX 10" is "OFF" in the Display Settings section of FSX.

I "flew" the LLZ/DME East procedure last night in the PMDG NGX and LOWI looked superb.

post-17951-0-01535300-1325825066_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. I just bought today the scenery (v1.20). I flew from LSZH to LOWI at night: on arrival runway was black (see pic from fligth deck ). I flew with the PMDG NGX. After reloading the plane on LOWI the scenery was there(see pic from outside). In short if I take off from an other airport and head to innsbruck the scenery doesn't seem to load. The problem was replicated several times. Please help !!!

Regards

Fulcrum

PS: I have added an other set of pictures. After starting FSX, I placed the default aircraft at LOWI and get the bad runway texture. After changing for example the time, the computer reloads the correct texture.

- My FSX setup -

Hardware;

intel i7 x980 at 3.33 Ghz

Nvidia GeForce 580

TripleHead2Go Digital edition with 3 screens x 1920x1080

16 GB Ram

Saitek proflight yoke, throttle and rudder

Software:

Win7x64

FSX + Acceleration

ASE + Ezdok + SB4 + a few sceneries

Lot's of PMDG planes + a few others

FPS limiter

post-46049-0-28119100-1325834248_thumb.j

post-46049-0-54713500-1325834258_thumb.j

post-46049-0-89344600-1325859372_thumb.j

post-46049-0-14119600-1325859381_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad to hear you solved your problem. Other posters with this problem will be grateful you posted the fix.