Autopilot?

ryanbatc

No, not for the Rotax example.

I could tell you why, but it has been covered in the forums and if you want you can search for it, but it won't change its absence being correct.

What I do hope is that it will be an option in the C-1 Eclipse, which is sometimes found with an a/p.

In the meantime, you can always use the autopilot =1 change in the aircraft .cfg and use standard commands for a/p functionality. Again, I can't help thinking we've already dealt with this. Did you use the search function?

Well, it can be done because I've done it, but I removed the AP pretty soon because it takes the fun away imho... I looked in my archives if I could find how I did it (it was a popup only AP) but I apparently disliked it so much that I even deleted all information on how I did it... Sorry!

What you could try is edit the aircraft.cfg and turn on the AP:

autopilot_available=1

and then you should be able to at least use the AP using the keyboard shortcuts for it... I think. If you want the popup, you have to dig into a panel.cfg of another plane and look for some usefull AP entries...

EDIT

Snave was a few seconds earlier with the same advice, I see... ;)

EDIT 2

And of course Snave was right: a simple search and here you are: http://forum.aerosof...dding-autopilot

However, I think Snave gives good advice in that topic:

Rather than faffing about with all that palaver and possibly creating a problem later on with updates or patches, limit the changes to the aircraft .cfg to

autopilot_available=1

and use the default FSX key combinations for heading hold and altitude hold.

More than adequate for a comfort break and unlikely to cause a conflict.

Just to revisit this for the benefit of simmers here.

The idiots at Avsswim did not `solve` the first problem.

They masked it.

They did not resolve the second issue.

They bypassed it.

They also provide incorrect information: My name is included in every single post, so no hiding here, my Profile is complete and my alias is obviously my surname, reversed (surely only a real dumbarse could miss that!)

And finally: in most of J van E's posts over here, he received a reply - and one that actually attempted to resolve the issues - faster then he did `over there`.

So peeps, please do seek your help in a non-specific forum.

Just be aware of the quality of it.

In this case one piece of advice could cause a crash of FSX - yes one those crashes, and now of course J van E has an utterly non-standard Katana X setup, ruling out future assistance in these forums as putting non-standard modification on top of incompetently set up PC is hardly going to assist in effective troubleshooting.

(Could also mention the discrepancy about supposedly being banned from their forum when I have over - well let's say `many` - topics and content over there. As recently as - well, shall we say very recently....) :hi2_s:

But I won't.

Is it even realistic to include one?

Even if it's not has anyone created a simple autopilot...? I'd love a 2 axis for those long haul flights, or when my baby needs attention lol

[autopilot]

autopilot_available=1

flight_director_available=0

default_vertical_speed=700.0

autothrottle_available=0

pitch_takeoff_ga=8.0

max_pitch=10.0

max_pitch_acceleration=1.0

max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.0

max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.5

max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.0

max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.0

max_bank=25.0

max_bank_acceleration=1.8

max_bank_velocity=3.00

max_throttle_rate=0.10

nav_proportional_control=9.00

nav_integrator_control=0.25

nav_derivative_control=0.00

nav_integrator_boundary=2.50

nav_derivative_boundary=0.00

gs_proportional_control=9.52

gs_integrator_control=0.26

gs_derivative_control=0.00

gs_integrator_boundary=0.70

gs_derivative_boundary=0.00

yaw_damper_gain = 0.0

default_bank_mode=1

default_pitch_mode=2

the two added lines are the most important.. you can use now, the ctrl+Z, ctrl+H commands ->(otherwise it control the plane to the ground)

The idiots at Avsswim did not `solve` the first problem.

They masked it.

They did not resolve the second issue.

They bypassed it.

They also provide incorrect information: My name is included in every single post, so no hiding here, my Profile is complete and my alias is obviously my surname, reversed (surely only a real dumbarse could miss that!)

And finally: in most of J van E's posts over here, he received a reply - and one that actually attempted to resolve the issues - faster then he did `over there`.

So peeps, please do seek your help in a non-specific forum.

Just be aware of the quality of it.

In this case one piece of advice could cause a crash of FSX - yes one those crashes, and now of course J van E has an utterly non-standard Katana X setup, ruling out future assistance in these forums as putting non-standard modification on top of incompetently set up PC is hardly going to assist in effective troubleshooting.

(Could also mention the discrepancy about supposedly being banned from their forum when I have over - well let's say `many` - topics and content over there. As recently as - well, shall we say very recently....) :hi2_s:

But I won't.

Dear Snave

Simon Evans

"Who cares what anyone thinks? It's what you know that interests"

you really think that, who dislike you doing it just for fun? or because they don't have better thing to do?

just think of it...

(((an arrogant bad seller makes more harm to a company then a bad product)))

if it's help, im with you! i like you;)

polux

why dont you google the word snave and a whole world will open up for you and you will much better understand where he came from:

Snave:

adj. Anything cunning, sneaky or underhand.

n. A deceitful, slimey or unscrupulous person; a thief or a conman

n. A slanderous term for a damaged vagina

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snave

• Upvote 1

polux

why dont you google the word snave and a whole world will open up for you and you will much better understand where he came from:

Snave:

http://www.urbandict....php?term=snave

interesting

polux

Snave:

http://www.urbandict....php?term=snave

Wow! Thanks for that.

I looked up Bliksimpie.

And found absolutely nothing of any consequence. I wonder which says more..?

my alias is obviously my surname, reversed (surely only a real dumbarse could miss that!)

Hi my new name is dumbarse, nice to meet you. :embaressed_s: I did indeed totally miss that, what a numbskull :embaressed_s: