Oil door & oil refill problem

pollux

(I tested it with the 1.03a version of the katana)

1.FSX running..

2.im loading a new flight, or a saved one with katana

3.i click to the "plane on the ground long term"

4.i open the oil and fluids section

5.in the VC view (to hear the gurgl sound) i open only the oil door and remove the cap

6.with blue arrow clickspot i starting to turn the prop slowly to the right direction (clockwise -> vc view)

7.i wait for minimum 2 gurgl sound and +1 just to be sure

8.i refill a little bit or not, and checking the level -> !i never top of it! 80-85%

9.i putting back the cap -> Snave ;) , as i always do! -> then closing the oil door

10. changing to external view

the result: the oil door side some oil dripped out, and the canopy is to.. "like if you don't put back the cap, and leave the oil door open "effect"

so it's feature triggered by my refill attemt

if i remove the hole cowling, it not really happening at all

so far everything else working fine with this version.. no another problem at all

the only thing what i don't installed, is the launcher tool and the net framework 3.5 update (i think is needed only the launcher)

once again no another problem at all...

can someone test it for me at least 3 different "load phase" -> ( Beta team )

Dear Marcel, can you just read this? and say something what do you think..

You mean this one?

oilx.jpg

I did exactly as you've said, so starting in the cockpit and later going to the external view, and received that picture.

Next FSX start, I went directly to the external view and then started working. The aircraft remained clean, although no step was altered.

I always close the 'doors and hatches', but the difference seems to arise with either working externally only or starting in the cockpit.

doorsa.jpg

Third FSX start, back in the cockpit and the same as in the first attempt. Aircraft clean.

I don't get the nature of that thing, pollux, but I saw it happening once, so your are not nuts. Or only as nuts as I am. :lol:

The only difference between those three attempts was that 2 and 3 included some oil draining because I've always wanted to refill a bit. Maybe that had an impact. I will try #4 now.

#4, starting in the cockpit and not using the drain feature remained clean too. Sorry, no clue why it happened on the first attempt, but it did.

You mean this one?

oilx.jpg

I did exactly as you've said, so starting in the cockpit and later going to the external view, and received that picture.

Next FSX start, I went directly to the external view and then started working. The aircraft remained clean, although no step was altered.

I always close the 'doors and hatches', but the difference seems to arise with either working externally only or starting in the cockpit.

doorsa.jpg

Third FSX start, back in the cockpit and the same as in the first attempt. Aircraft clean.

I don't get the nature of that thing, pollux, but I saw it happening once, so your are not nuts. Or only as nuts as I am. :lol:

The only difference between those three attempts was that 2 and 3 included some oil draining because I've always wanted to refill a bit. Maybe that had an impact. I will try #4 now.

#4, starting in the cockpit and not using the drain feature remained clean too. Sorry, no clue why it happened on the first attempt, but it did.

exatly! (what you see in the picture)

the only thing why is bugging me, that is very hard to clean it.... and if the oil acces door feature is present, why always remove th hole cowling for that quick check...

drain???

it's only for oil change (all 2,9L)

i questined it earlier to how many hours have to change it.. (manuals says 25hrs if using avgas)

i hope that Marcel don't have any issues directly with me that he don't reply :(... (another than i sad im from Hungary) (who know'S.... our ######ing dictator King get to our country nice rep to these day's)

Well, as reported above, I couldn't trigger it with all attempts. But I saw it happening before that and thought that this was a large bug splash at my windscreen all the time. :wacko:

I'm always using the cleaning service, so I don't bother with the actual cleaning going on. Maybe it's a feature. Shaking hands when refilling, I don't know.

Well, as reported above, I couldn't trigger it with all attempts. But I saw it happening before that and thought that this was a large bug splash at my windscreen all the time. :wacko:

I'm always using the cleaning service, so I don't bother with the actual cleaning going on. Maybe it's a feature. Shaking hands when refilling, I don't know.

shaking hands;)

the last two refill attemt was the same...

but it doesn't matter now if i remove the hole cowling or is there any surface wind...

:)

at this point i give up;) (and the support too)

bye

Sorry guys, I had to keep my bed for some days.

In fact, the door should be enought for refilling and checking oil. And it should not cause any dirt on the fuselage. But in fact, I have no idea what could be the reason. :( Does that also occur if you use one of the service points?

Sorry guys, I had to keep my bed for some days.

In fact, the door should be enought for refilling and checking oil. And it should not cause any dirt on the fuselage. But in fact, I have no idea what could be the reason. :( Does that also occur if you use one of the service points?

Health is first!

i will try it... ,but if nobody else come a cross with that problem at all.... that's lead me to think it's a strange behaviour like was with the A2A j3 cub float (spinning plane on the water until it's brake apart)

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Marcel,

Can you tell that in the program code, what triggers the oil spill out effect? i mean, it's only triggered by the open lefted filler cap, and the running engine OR the overfill can cause this too?

i started a hole new plane (0.0hrs), with 1.03a and only after the 3rd flight checked the oil level.. and there was no oil spill

after the 5-6 flight checked no problem again...

then yesterday after few days no flight, i loaded it with the parked&longterm option, the level was about 3/4 at the dipstick and i refilled it only 3-4 clicks -> resulted about 80% level (!!after 3 burp!!)-> so i pushed out the oil to the reservoir

oil spilled to the cowling and canopy :(

after flight i saw the values in the data.cfg and after i compute, the reservoir+filter = nearly 3L -> the tank should hold only 2,9L

so maybe the dipstick is not showing the correct level (after 3 burping attempt) -> the oil is to much -> triggers the effect and the result is known..

another than this I HAVE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH 1.03A :excellenttext_s:

can you answer it? i mean... please :hi2_s:

well, after more testing in instructor mode.. i found that this nothing has to do with the oil refill, overfill, or the wind, or the cowling..

it just happening

it is just for me, or anyone else come across that if i burping the engine 2times,than burping again only this way showing the right oil level? sometimes need 5 burp

soo..

for 'Marcel' -> is it possible to turn off somehow the oil spill effect? i had never forget to put back the cap....

im hoping for the answer after the world end;) "2012"