No answer about Wilga primer

scottthefsxguy

Hello,

In first it's better to have FSX + Acceleration...

I don't know if I can help you but since I possess the Wilga I noted a little bug (a very small bug) with the primer.

In fact for used the primer you must unlock this device with the mouse, once the primer is turned to the left and unlock normaly you can click to pump.

But I've discovered that sometime and after have unlock the primer I cannot pump, the only solution that I found for resolve this problem for used the pump is to lock and unlock two or three time this operation and after you can click on the primer pump.

Normaly when you place the mouse cursor's on the primer handle you have 3 choices, (you can lock, unlock or pump) but sometime the primer pump don't work fine each time and you must lock and unlock few time and after when you place the mouse cursor's you can pump and after start the engine.

I meet this small problem since I possess the Wilga and with this solution I can unlock, pump and start my engine.

I hope that I can help you, if it's not the case or of I don't understand the problem that you meet please can you tell me ?

Erratum:

If the problem is different that my explanation above, on the overhead panel switch to ON:

Battery switch: ON

Alternator switch: ON

Ignition switch: ON

Oil pressure switch: ON

Fuel pressure switch: ON

Mixture temperature switch: ON

Air valve: Open

Fuel selector: ON (both)

Magneto switch: ON (both)

Primer: Unlock

Pump three time the primer.

Press the Starter button.

And normaly the engine start without problem.

If you meet one problem during the starting when you press the starter button look if you have well open the "Air Valve"

But if the problem concern the primer pump so lock / unlock few time this cycle and normaly you can pump the primer...

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English and please can you inform me if you have successful used the pump ?

Best regards, Olivier.

I go through the start up procedure per your information but nothing happens when I try the primer. Could you be more specific as to how you unlock it? I have tried....

1-After moving cursor over the primer I left click and move in all directions and even in a circular motion at different points on the primer.

2-After moving cursor over the primer I hold down scroll wheel and move in all directions and even in a circular motion at different points on the primer.

3-After moving cursor over the primer I hold down scroll wheel and scroll back and forth at different points on the primer at different points on the primer.

Nothing is working

Hello,

I'm very sorry because you meet this problem, as my English is no enough good there's few minute I've created with fraps one small video wich show a startup of the Wilga.

During the record of this video I've could unlock my primer but impossible to click on the pump for using this device.

As it's not the first time that I meet this problem, I've move left and right 2 or 3 times the primer and after I've click on the pump and I've can use the pump.

I join you a link to my small video, please can you watch this video and tell me if you can start your engine like me ?

I hope that video can help you, best regards. Olivier.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Wilga primer is not working. Tried everything per previous post and still not working. What is my next option for getting an answer?

Windows 7

FSX (no acceleration)

The System requirments states clearly:

Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX (with SP2 or Acceleration Pack)
So you should have at least SP2 installed.

I only use my mouse wheel to pump the primer, the Wilga never starts the first time so I prime it some more before trying again, it has always started by the third or fourth try. I actualy like this feature it adds a little "Character" to a plane that I wouldn't expect to start first time everytime.

Hello, I think like M Jordan. With this small difficulty the Wilga is more harcore and technic...

I've always loved the aircraft this a special character, if it's too easy it's not fun. More hard it's a chalenge and I like this kind of airplane.

Best regards, Olivier.

I am responding with some specific replies to all of you who I am certain have a sincere interest in helping me with this issue.

SNAVE.........I have tried everything listed in my response above because nothing works. This really is not rocket science.

I wish you would offer specifics on what you do rather than what not to do. Is it possible it's not me????

SKULLEADER........Love your little video. This is how I attempt to start the aircraft. I am having no success. There is something

else here because it just does not work.

M JORDAN..........Even though I can't get the primer to work, the aircraft will usually start on the fourth try if I move the throttle

back and forth a couple times.

I do have SP2 installed

Thank you all for the quick reply

You said

1-After moving cursor over the primer I left click and move in all directions and even in a circular motion at different points on the primer.

2-After moving cursor over the primer I hold down scroll wheel and move in all directions and even in a circular motion at different points on the primer.

3-After moving cursor over the primer I hold down scroll wheel and scroll back and forth at different points on the primer at different points on the primer.

I don't see how much clearer we can be?

The primer lock is operated by the mouse wheel, JUST Scroll it down and the primer rotates out of the unlocked position.

You DO NOT click ANYTHING to do this

The primer itself is operated by simply left clicking on the mouse button.

You DO NOT use the scroll wheel to operate the in-and-out of the primer.

It is that simple and cannot have any further more simplistic explanation applied - When you work it right, it works right.

If it doesn't and you can actually show you are at least operating it correctly (not done so far) then we might move on to any system-specific issue that might prevent operation on your computer.

Snave, I tried a repeat of your instructions provided and sadly the primer is not working. When the cursor is placed over the primer, it changes to a hand and at that time I try scrolling with the mouse and nothing. As I suspected.....It's not me. Hopefully Aerosoft can come up with a fix for this or I will do without until I upgrade this computer to an i7 & FSX with acceleration and maybe get lucky.

Thanks pal

Scott

Then the likely explanation is caused by system setup or resources, or the absence of Acceleration. While you wait to upgrade you can always check the functions assigned to the scroll wheel as these can vary according to the mouse software in use.

Note!

When scrolling down the mouse mousewheel to unlock the primer - keep turning the mousewheel a few more times after it is in unlocked position.

It seems that the primer handle indicates unlocked before it really is.

Finn

I scrolled 20+ times while hovering over the primer and it doesn't move at all. Thank you for the suggestion. Maybe this mystery will be solved at some point. Thanks

I have heard that some people couldn't scroll due to the Desktop being anything other than being set to 100%.

Finn. Didn't work per your suggestion.

Shaun. What do you mean 'Desktop being anything other than being set to 100%'? I a have a 3 monitor setup with TH2GO and because of this, have to change eyepoint in each individual aircraft including the Wilga to move back in the cockpit to see better. I did however try to zoom back in with the +key and that still did not work. My screen resolution is according to the TH2GO requirement and I don't recall what that setting is at the moment.

Thanks gentlemen

Scott

Hello Scott,

Its under the Desktop Screen Resolution, "Make text and other items larger or smaller"

If you can try using one monitor to test it then please try as it might be your monitor setup that might be causing the issue.,