MA Frankfurt - new runway, new update!

Shaun Fletcher

Hi.

I had a question regarding v104 and v105. They didn't take any effect in FSX.

Now after reinstalling from CD and then the updates everything is fine.

Happy traffic,

Andy

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the updates with the new runway but I am confused. The charts refer to a 26L as well as 25 L & R. There are only 2 runways (in that direction) so can someone please explain how that works please?

Although I now have the new 25 R on FSX I used the Flight Sim Commander Database Manager to update my FSC charts but nothing shows.

I flew there today and found this conflict of information very confusing.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have run the FSC database manager again and it is clearly checking inside the Frankfurt scenery but not picking up any changes regarding the new runway update.

I have had a good look at this now trying different things with FSC but FSC simply doesn't pick up any information about the new runway (ILS info etc) or the renaming of the other runways.

I can see this is "work in progress" as one taxiway crosses the autobahn without a bridge! Its ok if you wait for a break in the traffic!

Seriously any help on this FSC problem will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Shaun. First of all, I'd like to thank you (and the developerteam behind it respectively) for the RW 25R/07L update. I'm enjoying it very much since I visit some spotterpoints from time to time to see whats going on at my home airport and therefore I am using EDDF in FSX a lot. I've got two issues.

My first issue is: Will there be an future update in which the missing trainingaircraft for the firebrigades just next to the firestation will be included (and maybe 'spotterhill' right next to PAPA) ?

My second issue is a major one I think : Most of the planes landing on 25R/07L are directed on ground via the long 'PAPA"-taxiway routing (this means in case of landing into RW 25R, after taking exit P16,P20 or P24 you will continue PAPA instead of entering P1). Right after exit P6 and P4 taxiway PAPA leads up to a bridge in order to cross the traintrack and the Autobahn to finally enter EDDF apron west.

In FSX however, there is no bridge. Instead taxiway PAPA is all flat and leading right through the highway (same issue with P1 btw).

As I recall there was a simmilar bridge at EDDP Leipzig/Halle where you actually did drive over the Autobahn istead of driving right through it.

So will this be fixed in the future?

I'm loving the new runway addition none the less, i'ts just that I feel an update would squeeze a little more realism out of it.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update. When I land on the new runway I have the FSX generated traffic. I guess I could set car traffic to zero when flying to EDDF, but I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution?

Regards

Nixon

Thanks for the update. When I land on the new runway I have the FSX generated traffic. I guess I could set car traffic to zero when flying to EDDF, but I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution?

Regards

Nixon

Unfortunately not at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Shaun.

I have owned MegaAirport FRA for FS9 since August 9, 2008. I have updated it to 2.01 and then to 2.02 and while the old runways are properly labeled (and the scenery otherwise functions fine), the new runway (7L/25R) is not showing up in the scenery when I go to FS9 and fly in and out of it.

Any thoughts what may cause this?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Mega Airport Frankfurt. Today I installed the update V105. I have all the runway and taxiway newly named, but over rwy 25R me go Car - goes way superhighway. Can I fix it somehow? I flighz with FSX Olda

• Developer

I bought Mega Airport Frankfurt. Today I installed the update V105. I have all the runway and taxiway newly named, but over rwy 25R me go Car - goes way superhighway. Can I fix it somehow? I flighz with FSX Olda

Please check the attached file here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/50784-mega-airport-frankfurt-x/#entry350569

• 2 weeks later...

Its a known issue but wont be resolved till they do the proper update for the complete airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had EDDF plus 25R installed and later I installed VFR Germany West. I made sure that the airport is higher in the scenery library then VFR Germany.

However, yesterday I made my first landing at 25R and from about 1/3 of the runway I was welcomed by trees... ;-)

Also the P taxiway was populated with trees.

How can I solve this issue?

regards,

Nico Kaan

snapback.pngOlda sagte am 08 Oktober 2012 - 12:56 :

Please check the attached file here: http://forum.aerosof...-x/#entry350569

Its a known issue but wont be resolved till they do the proper update for the complete airport.

confused !?!

Hi,

I had EDDF plus 25R installed and later I installed VFR Germany West. I made sure that the airport is higher in the scenery library then VFR Germany.

However, yesterday I made my first landing at 25R and from about 1/3 of the runway I was welcomed by trees... ;-)

Also the P taxiway was populated with trees.

How can I solve this issue?

regards,

Nico Kaan

Hello Nico.

Keeping the right installation order is crucial in this case. You'll first need to deinstall all airports being involved with your VFR Germany West scenery, then install VFR Germany West and finally reinstall your airports. Do keep in mind that your airports must be above the VFR scenery in your scenery library in order to work properly. Hope this helps.

That removes the traffic in that section, but the problem wont be resolved until GAP do an official update of the airport.

Shaun: Using ADE and following the fix example and Google Earth, I was able move 25R&7L (including the attached ILS') to its new position and add the new 25C&7C (with the new ILS') and to stop the Autobahn traffic just short of the "P" taxiway by placing an exclusion just prior to arrival at Taxiway "P". This allowed me to create the illusion of an underpass at the position of the traffic disappearing (which underpass extends to the point that the traffic reappears, and vice versa for the opposite direction traffic), by following the photograph of the actual underpass design and made of concrete tarmac. This process, however, does not work for the second overpass, as placing an exclusion anywhere near that taxiway stops traffic in both directions too far on either side ot the taxiway. I guess we wait for the update. John

Archived