FAA to start charging for online charts..... :(

Ben Cap

Signed. They can't do this. It would destroy manny simmers flying experience!!!

Why?? In the UK you have always had to buy your charts, so what's the issue in the fact from 2012 you have to purchase them! Shame, eh...

On a side note (and please read before you shoot off) if it's VFR/High-Low Charts that you are now having to purchase than I stand by my above statement. If it's Airport charts then OK, the UK get those free so I can understand the argument.

n.b. you have spelt manny incorrectly. It should be many!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

James,

before carpeting someone, you should consider the following:

- many people around here are no native english speakers

- it just could have been a typo

Sorry for my bad english and typos ;)

But for the rest you're true. Although it is very helpfull for us, that charts and other informations are free for us (non commercial users), I do not understand why "everything" must be available for free on the internet. As everywhere else, there are people working in the background and they need to be paid.

So, if Eurocontrol decides to go forward with a similar policy, bad luck, but I'll have to execept it and be happy, for getting everything free in the past.

James,

before carpeting someone, you should consider the following:

- many people around here are no native english speakers

- it just could have been a typo

Otto,

Just out of curiosity, Where in the n.b. comment was I carpeting him/her for the slight spelling mistake? It was mentioned as an "observation/comment"!! Yes, lot's of users on this board are not English speaking, hence, the n.b.

Why?? In the UK you have always had to buy your charts, so what's the issue in the fact from 2012 you have to purchase them! Shame, eh...

On a side note (and please read before you shoot off) if it's VFR/High-Low Charts that you are now having to purchase than I stand by my above statement. If it's Airport charts then OK, the UK get those free so I can understand the argument.

The problem is that I'm flying both types very often and so I'm using those charts often.

n.b. you have spelt manny incorrectly. It should be many!!

As Otto already pointed out, I'm not a native speaker and just as a side information, I'm still going to school. Please don't expect me to speak perfect english

Oh and just for the case it interests you: If Aerosoft would blame everyone for spelling mistakes they would pretty fast run out of customers ;)

I suppose it all depends on which charts will only be available on payment of a fee. If it is everything, then it is going to be difficult in the long term to plan flights without using subscription services... hey, as real as it gets... ;)

I will certainly miss services like runwayfinder, airnav, and so on, if they really do go fee-paying only...

One thing I like about the Eurocontrol site... gives me free access to a large database of charts, both en route and TAC, ground maps, taxi and gate maps...

Oh well, the New World Order perhaps...

Andrew