Pilot and passenger weight

tup61

I notice the weight of the pilot and the passenger aren't saved with my Katana. Usually the passenger has the default weight (which is too low for my use) and the pilot sometimes has my chosen weight but sometimes it is reset to the default weight (which is too high for my use). The bagage weight usually is saved.

What could make these weights change...? Choosing another state from the menu you see when the plane has loaded...? I though the weights wouldn't be influenced by the state you chose?

It's also a shame you can't force the Katana to simply load the plane in the state as you left it. Afaik that only happens when you actually save that flight, but I usually start a new flight from another airport. And btw a lot of small airports don't have parking spots so you start on the runway with the engines running, which requires you to choose another state. Which btw isn't always the same: sometimes clicking on Parked has the fuel set off and sometimes on...

All in all I can't really find out the logic behind it all. ;)

I don't think you are getting to grips with the menu system. The menu includes quite specifically a `remember` option to recall all the previous settings.

In the settings initiation mode in the Setting menu, you set `automatic`. This causes the aircraft to reload in its previous state UNLESS there is a conflict between the state and the .flt, when you get errors as you have noted.

In the separate initiation window you choose `none`.

The only other reason for not having saved states be consistent is if you don't have full access rights to the System. Are you operating as Administrator? Do you have UAC turned OFF? Have you got any FSX-related process excluded from anti-virus or firewall software?

Hm, I understood automatic means that the software will look at where you are (on the runway or on a parking spot or in the air) and then load the state that fits the situation... I can understand that if you save a flight in mid air this will result in the plane not being parked, but when I leave the plane parked and then later on start a new flight on the runway (forced, because there is no other option), the engines will be running because the automatic option thinks that's the most logical option...

Anyway, I will do as you said: I will set the setting to Automatic (although... isn't that the default...?) and press None when the menu pops up after loading. I will let you know how it goes. And since I am completely back at the Katana again, I will also create a new default flight with the Katana parked: I suppose that will help too.

Up to now I never got into the Katana as I left it: or the weight of the passenger was reset, or the fuel was on, etc. etc. I do have admin rights and UAC is off, FSX is excluded, etc. Hm... TrackIr, EZdok and ASE aren't excluded... Maybe I'll have to add those too...

Well, not here... I set the flight up as I wanted it, with everything cold and dark and parked, the while lot, set the load status to Automatic and saved that flight as default. I restarted FSX and sure enough the Katana was my default plane. I loaded the flight... and ended up in taxi mode or pre-engine start, even after pressing None. This happens when I load the flight somewhere on a runway, but even when I leave it where it is in default flight, which is on a parking spot...

What's worse... I then set the Parked status on the settings menu, where the Katana should be forced to be parked... but even then the plane shows up with the engines running and the lights on!!!

And to top it all the weight of the passenger (which IS loaded) is reset to default...!

There must be a problem somewhere with admin rights or files being locked or whatever... I know I can simply press Parked when the plane loads, but the manual says the plane will have to be checked because it has been parked for a while, which makes me think things might have changed since my last flight. The odd thing is that some thing ARE saved, like the amount of fuel...

I don't get it at all. As I said I can simply press one of the states in the menu, but I want the plane to keep MY state: that's the whole idea and fun of it all!!!

Ok, I have found a solution for the weight reset problem. The current settings of the Katana are saved in C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\4X_DATA\Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' in a file called data.cfg.

PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT1 is the current weight but my Katana constantly overwrites this with the default weight. Luckily the default weight is also in that cfg! Look for these entries:

PAYLOAD_STATION_WEIGHT1_MEMORY=70.000000

PAYLOAD_STATION_WEIGHT2_MEMORY=70.000000

PAYLOAD_STATION_WEIGHT3_MEMORY=0.000000

(The numbers are mine btw: these are the ones I want). Now whenever I load the Katana and it resets the weights, it resets them to these. ;)

BTW The ONLY way to get the Katana into a parked state is to select Parked from the menu you see at startup. Every other way simply doesn't work.

As with your other issues, these are ALL related to settings in your own PC, or your inability to grasp the concepts when they are explained to you.

I hope your friends over at Avsim are able to help you, because the attitude you have shown `over there` to the assistance we have provided `over here` in the face of your own intransigence and incompetence will, I am sure, materially affect the desire and willingness to provide any future help.

I have, for example, now added you to my complete `ignore` list, so you will receive no further help from me. I reserve that list for the Special Few. Congrats on being that special.

And frankly, asking for help in the Avsim forums..? whatever were you thinking? Their cretinosity knows no bounds. You've already been given duff advice by your Avsim `friends`... classic own goal,

:mallet_s::excellenttext_s:

LOL Snave, you are one of a kind. Pity you are ignoring me, because I'd like to say I kinda like your straighforward way of dealing with things. However, obviously, you are a bit mistaken here. But hey, even the best make mistakes. ;)

The fact that my post on Avsim resulted in a reply within 11 minutes that in the end led me to the solution for one of my problems, proves to me I did the right thing. I don't really understand how you can call that duff advice... So far Aerosft hasn't answered my questions at all: well, I rather have duff advice that helps then no help at all.

I am grateful for YOUR help however, I really am, even though it didn't immediately result in solutions this time. ;) I could say more (and I would like to know more about why you react this way), but since you aren't listening, I think I will leave it at this. It's a shame, it really is.

First sorry for the delay but I had to keep my bed for some days. Jan, the Katana will try to find out the situation when it is loaded, not the situation you have been leaving flight simulator. If you are not happy with that automatic setup, there are other initiation modes that forces the aircraft in the proper conditions, additionally you can select many different states in the first seconds with a mouse click. I think, that are pretty much options... :)

Glad you're back again! ^_^

So if I understand it well, there is no 'option to recall all the previous settings' as Snave put it? So things like amount of fuel and oil and dirt are saved but not the state in which you left the plane when it comes to engines on or off, etc,? I thought that was (or coulde be) the case too. But if that's not the case, it's not a problem because I click the parked state now everytime. No problem at all, of course, but I just thought the Katana had an option to recall the state.

There are some conditions that are saved in the parked mode, but not every switchs position. Maybe an idea for the next add-on. Enviromental and system conditions that are not influenced by switches and controls are always saved in realistic mode.

Ok, clear, thanks! I ususally leave my plane exactly as it shows up when I click on parked... so it's just as if every switch and whatnot IS saved after all. ^_^