Wilga X review on Avsim

YoYo

Many thanks you for your link on this review!

But...

For Aaron (e-mail inactive)

"The aircraft feels underpowered. I have seen videos of the Wilga 35A pulling two gliders however I doubt Aerosoft’s version would have enough power to carry out that task. I sometimes struggled to keep the aircraft from stalling even when I am cruising. I was talking to real world pilots and they say the aircraft is very powerful. I think this issue could be fixed in a service pack."

I'm real pilot of Wilga-35A, and developer this model.

Solve please one task:

- one Wilga with one glider

- 900 m altitude

- 10 min time

- how many climb has wilga with one glider?

"I sometimes struggled to keep the aircraft from stalling even when I am cruising"

How attain this result, and what is "cruise" in author review opinion? It is very important for me, because I can flight in Wilga on first or second cruise without any problems.

Sorry for my bad English...

• Upvote 1

I absolutely agree with OctopusG, the Wilga in real life is NOT too powerful aircraft, mostly the older versions with scuffed engine. Unfortunately I have no type rating for 35A but I have for some other aircrafts from the "easter block", but I have lot of flying hours on our aeroclub's Wilga as co-pilot and/or passenger, so I have experience on this aircraft.

Therefore I think, the Octopus Group made a very realistic flight model for his Wilga, especially the gliding performance with full flaps and no power. :)

So please OctopusG, do not touch to the flight model!!

FM is very well done, but needs only small correction like 10% of HP and will be ok. Try to start with max takeoff weight on the distance 120m of model. Just a small correction.

I absolutely agree with OctopusG, the Wilga in real life is NOT too powerful aircraft, mostly the older versions with scuffed engine. Unfortunately I have no type rating for 35A but I have for some other aircrafts from the "easter block", but I have lot of flying hours on our aeroclub's Wilga as co-pilot and/or passenger, so I have experience on this aircraft.

Therefore I think, the Octopus Group made a very realistic flight model for his Wilga, especially the gliding performance with full flaps and no power. :)

So please OctopusG, do not touch to the flight model!!

Thank you! I did many effort for realistic flight model this plane and very pity read Aaron's review about dynamics.

But dynamics has some bugs of course, and it will be fixed in patch. Many thanks Yo-Yo also for his critical notices during beta-testing.

Hello,

In first I would like to say for the OctopusG team's a great congratulation for this incredible addon, in the real life I never see one Wilga but your creation is perfect and awesome.

But I have a little question concerning the axis roll because for me it seems that this axis is very sensible or a little instable.

When I pilot my Wilga if I drop my head or I look few secondes my gauges, my Wilga banked to the left side or to right side alone and it's not easy to stay parallel with the ground with the Wilga.

Just a little question for the designer, the real Wilga is also instable or too sensible in roll axis ?

It's not a wicked question, just that I want learn more about this airplane that I'm fall in love...

A great thank's in advance for your assistance (sorry for my poor English), Olivier.

I am Aaron. I was the one who wrote the review. The statement made during struggling to hold my speed during cruise was made with the aircraft fully loaded at an altitude of 10000ft. I am impressed with the aircraft put the engine does need some more power.

I will answer any quires you have about the review.

Aaron G.

"....axis roll..."

You are right again. It is bug of dynamics which I fixed already and will put in patch.

Thank you Aaron, you wishes will be considered how it possible. But I'm flying on10000 ft. and more without any problems... ;)

post-48561-0-16969800-1321136212_thumb.j

Hello dear Sir,

"....axis roll..."

You right again. It is bug of dynamics which I fixed already and will put in patch.

WOW it's a great news, your Wilga is awesome and incredible but with this patch it will become a real perfection and one must to have in his FSX hangar's.

Once again a great thank's for the quality of your work, best regards. Olivier.

...the Wilga in real life is NOT too powerful aircraft ...

Zlin, cant agree with this sentence. See real opinion of pilot of Wilga :

"Flying the Wilga is a unique experience. The altimeter reads 3,000 feet per one revolution. The gauges read in mm Hg or Kpa or something else. The propeller feels like a huge windmill when it is pulling you, and a big brake when you throttle back. The flaps feel like the collective on a helicopter, and the wheels seem to float back and forth are you are getting airborne".

According some of PZL company's tests Wilga has better results in low altitude than PC-6.

Next thing try to start Beaver (example Aerosoft) and model of this PZL. Huge difference but in real life small (DHC for sure has bigger engine but the airplane is more heavy). I hope will be better in patch as promised Developer.

Zlin, cant agree with this sentence. See real opinion of pilot of Wilga :

"Flying the Wilga is a unique experience. The altimeter reads 3,000 feet per one revolution. The gauges read in mm Hg or Kpa or something else. The propeller feels like a huge windmill when it is pulling you, and a big brake when you throttle back. The flaps feel like the collective on a helicopter, and the wheels seem to float back and forth are you are getting airborne".

According some of PZL company's tests Wilga has better results in low altitude than PC-6.

Next thing try to start Beaver (example Aerosoft) and model of this PZL. Huge difference but in real life small (DHC for sure has bigger engine but the airplane is more heavy). I hope will be better in patch as promised Developer.

As I said, I talking about only used Wilgas not a new one with brand new engine. Our aeroclub's lovely Wilga only have ~1,5m/s with one average glider, but with a Jantar2B with full ballast water less than 1,5m/s. Our other towing aircraft - a Piper Pawnee and Maule MX-7-235 - have more climb rate than Wilga.

That's all why I said the mentioned words, no offense.

But less or more power, we all in our aeroclub love our Wilga so much as all aircrafts from the "easter block".

• 2 weeks later...

"....axis roll..."

You are right again. It is bug of dynamics which I fixed already and will put in patch.

Is this patch available yet? I've seen at least one reference to someone having installed v1.1, but I can't see any announcement or download link.

Yes, it has been announced,

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/50071-wilga-x-updated-100-110/

made available

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12125&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight+Simulation&s_language=english

and downloadable.

From the User Center

since the 24th November.

Either you didn't look very far, or you expect someone else to do the legwork for you, or your vendor is simply inefficient.

For the first two, try introspection. For the latter, try moaning like buggery.

But be aware there is an issue with the 1.10 download. For which moaning like buggery may actually be justified.