Question of FMC for PMDG 737

Huascar

Folks,

I am relatively new to the PMDG 737 and was wondering if there was a short cut on programming the IFR points as to avoid the long and agonizing process of entering manually in the MFC. One thing love about the CLS planes is that that the FMC gets automatically loaded when you enter that flight plan in FSX. Any help?

Hmm, yes and no (you are refering to the NGX not the one for FS2004?) one way is to enter a RW FP, they are shorter(then the routfinder for example) and by adding the airway's and waypoints, there are points when it will add more than just one point, then there are flight planning systems that export the FP to the FMS, and no because, that's part of the setup, if I'd miss out adding the FP, I'd feel missing something from the whole flight.(I bolded the stuff you'd consider)

You may have problems entering a flight plan using a current or recent AIRAC, as the waypoints may not be present in the FSX database for one.

You can use various flightplanning tools to generate a file with the correct format for the NGX. It is then a case of placing it in the correct directory on your system. You can then import the plan through the CDU of the FMS. You should check the waypoints and airways though to make sure, add in your departure and arrival procedures, as well as check and solve discontinuities...

Though plugging in the flightplan by hand is not that stressful...

Andrew

Or you can create your flight plan in vroute and export it in numerous formats to load into your FMS. You also have the option of it telling you how much fuel you need to load!

Never noticed Andrew as I've used the registered version from way back. There are other sites that you can use for flight planning etcetera but can't recall their names/links at present. Google flight planners may assist you though.

Very helpful, thank you. I will play with it at some point.

I was trying to avoid using the FMC all together.

WIth CLS planes, you enter the flight plan in FSX and it automatically transfers to the FMC - without having to touch it.

I am not a serious simmer at the moment, although I might get immersed into doing the entire process (fuel, take off speed, plotting way points in FMC etc..)

I know many of you do the entire thing. In my case, I know the basic instruments of the 737, 767, 747, DC-10, such as the V/S, Nav, Autopilot, cruising speed.

I can get the plane to clime at certain rate, can set up the navegation sytem (once entered in the FMC) and can set up the cruising speed.

I just have not gotten into the FMC portion (too much to read and I am lazy for it).

I don't think there is an easy way with the NGX 737 though. You have to enter stuff in the FMC for the plane to take you where you want to go.

Don't make fun of it, I am relatively new to the serious flying.

Hello;

Try using this free flight ,just do a search,there are some good ones out there,they won't give you some of the options you are looking for,but you can save them,and load them into the FMC.I just usally use FSC,it gives you all the options for different types of flight plans.

Also,the FMC for the PMDG aircraft,you will get a notice on the screen,that tells you if you don't have the latest Airac installed,but it still works,its just takes some time,getting use to programming the FMC,its not as bad as it seems.

Mark