Maldives X Issue

MrCube

How do I install it?

When I install it I'm seeing grass all over the runway.

I have FSX SP2 and I use Windows 7 32 bit with 2GB Ram and a GeForce 9400GT graphics card.

5db0cf1e78.jpg

The installation obviously produced an error. Please check the scenery library, there should be 3 new entries, Maldives X low, medium and high priority (high = highest, obviously). Please reinstall the addon, make sure the scenery library is ok and report back.

I reinstalled it a lot of times. Even FSX. Even reinstalled Windows early this morning. No result. Tonight, I'm leaving the computer on to install all the latest updates to my PC to see if it helps.

Since I'm a Maldivian, I would love to see this work.

Did you run the Installer as admin? ( right click, run as administrator)

Did you, after installation, go into the scenery library and check that it has been added?

Or:

Did you go into the scenery library and manually add it? ( sometimes you have to do it manually with some add-ons )

There's is a bug with win7 and manually adding scenery..but the link below will show you how to work around the problem.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?205432-Windows-7-Scenery-Addon-Installation-Bug-Fix

I reinstalled it a lot of times. Even FSX. Even reinstalled Windows early this morning. No result. Tonight, I'm leaving the computer on to install all the latest updates to my PC to see if it helps.

Since I'm a Maldivian, I would love to see this work.

Are you also running it on or above the Minimum Spec to use it. Is your graphics settings adjusted to what is recommended, there's a million and one issues you may not have thought of that could effect the end result.

I ran the file as Administrator and installed.

Since I'm a dummy, I still find the explanation really hard and I can't follow the scenery part. Can you explain more clearly please?

How do I find that scenery library is having 3 new entries, Maldives X low, medium and high priority (high = highest when there are so many files to check?

How do I know whether it has been added or not to the scenery library? When I go to scenery library I'm seeing Africa, Asia, Las Vegas. Are you saying that Maldives should be in that list? If so, it isn't there.

Adding manually...

I tried adding it manually. After installing Maldives X, I went to 1) Add Area -> 2) Addon Scenery. But found no files there.

I tried following the link you gave me maddz but I couldn't.

Ok..do as you done above, but when you get to this stage :

Adding manually...

I tried adding it manually. After installing Maldives X, I went to 1) Add Area -> 2) Addon Scenery. But found no files there

do this :

1) Add Area -> 2) Aerosoft -> 3) maldives X.

When you open Maldives X, there should be 2 files, 1 called Scenery (underneath will be a file called texture)..Click the scenery file once..not double click...clicking once will highlight the scenery file.

Then, do not click OK, but :

Step4.jpg

You should then see a progress bar loading as the sim builds the new scenery files.

Nice explanation. :)

But as you're not an advanced FSX user, Cube, please only try to add scenery library areas if everything else fails. In your case it's obvious that when you installed the addon you didn't have admin rights so the scenery library couldn't be edited by the installer.

Uninstall the addon again using the usual way.

Then disable the User Account Control (if you use Vista) and make sure you have admin rights on your computer - you an check this by going to the user account settings in windows system settings. Make sure you have administrator rights.

Also make sure FSX is not installed in the default path C:/Programs/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X - this gives you lots of issues with addons. If this is the case you rather reinstall FSX completely with the Service Packs.

Do you use Windows 7? If so do not start the setup.exe for the Maldives installation (in fact every setup) with a double click but with a right-click on the setup.exe, then select "run as administrator" in the context menu. If windows asks you to allow admin rights click Yes/OK.

In the FSX scenery library the 3 new entries for Maldives X should at the end of the installation process be added automatically (FSX needs to be shut down while installing addons).

Well, thank you. I'm gonna try again. You guys rocks. You've helped me a lot. Give me sometime and I'll post back the results. :)

Not an advanced FSX user? Erm...... I've been playing FS since 2003 and the first one was FS 1995. I land Boeing 747 also.....(not on the runway though) :P

Also, I hope I'm contributing to Aerosoft. Your products are great and I think the prices are very fair too.

Sorry for that, I was basing that on your information:

Since I'm a dummy, I still find the explanation really hard and I can't follow the scenery part. Can you explain more clearly please?

No bad intentions. ;)