FS9:Mega Airport Frankfurt X update question?

ehasanov

Hi

I have boxed version of Mega Airport Frankfurt X v1.01 for Fs9.

I think that update V2.0 was present before, but know when I logged to updates I see only version 2.01 and 2.02.

Does it mean that I don't need version V2.0 or..?

Could You please clarify this.

Another question.

I notice that after installation of update 2.02 I have got EDDF2008_LC directory which did not exist before last update.

In that directory I have only one file A402-113hes_5.bgl. Should I activate in fs9 LC dir or not?

I assume that previous updates checked for other scenery like scenery germany 4 and because of that did not create LC folder.

Can somebody explain.

Thanks

Edin

I also have the box version MAF for FS2004 & FSX V. 1.01.

The documentation in the box does not say which version FS9 is.

I bought the box in 2007.

On your website the product I have is the same as shown, which makes me think I have the MAF 2008 version for along with the FSX.

This makes me believe I can use the updates in the support section.

Am I correct.

EDIT

In FS9 Aerosoft folder it states EDDF_2008, and EDDF_2008 LC now another question, do I need to install both updates for each version.

Once again I have the boxed version.MAF for FS2004 & FSX V. 1.01

FS9 update to 2.01 then to 2.02

FSX update to 1.04 then to 1.04.

Help Ed in,

You would need to purchase the latest version of Frankfurt.

There was an upgrade option available.

Hi Shaun,

I did install the last version 2.01, just buy it today.

Then i did run FS2004 and shutdown again.

Then I did install the update version 2.02

I did start again my FS2004 and see only into the database manager EDDF2008 activated.

But into my folder ....\aerosoft\ I see now also the folder EDDF_2008_LC

What I do with this folder, do I need to activate it also into my database manager of FS2004 and then put below EDDF2008 or do nothing with this folder ?

Hi

I purchased MAF for FS9 via Simmarket in July 2007,

I have Just checked my account orders and downloads via Simmarket and can only find service pack 1 available which I have already installed. Have simmarket got this new runway or is it in the pipeline?

Cheers

I also have the box version MAF for FS2004 & FSX V. 1.01.

The documentation in the box does not say which version FS9 is.

I bought the box in 2007.

On your website the product I have is the same as shown, which makes me think I have the MAF 2008 version for along with the FSX.

This makes me believe I can use the updates in the support section.

Am I correct.

EDIT

In FS9 Aerosoft folder it states EDDF_2008, and EDDF_2008 LC now another question, do I need to install both updates for each version.

Once again I have the boxed version.MAF for FS2004 & FSX V. 1.01

FS9 update to 2.01 then to 2.02

FSX update to 1.04 then to 1.04.

Shawn, thanks for your advice.

I had already downloaded yesterday in FS9, not done FSX yet as I wanted to see how things went.

The first update stated amongst other things that German Airports Nr. 4 was not found, (was not installed).

So this up-date may have not been needed.

The second up-date asked if I had the D/L or CD version and to insert the key number.

Installation went good.

When checking the scenery I thought some building were missing opposite side of the airport from the main terminals.

Checked my FSX, which I had not updated and found that it was similar, maybe the FSX was already updated to show the preparations for the new terminal,

or am I just imagining things.

As I had altered the FS9 Afcad I now in the process of doing it again as the updates gave me a new afcad because of the new runway.

I have looked at the website of Frankfurt Airport Expansion programme with photo's and it seems that it is one BIG building site.

When Aerosoft releases a new MAF how much of the new buildings will be shown or will there be an up-date every time a major project like the new terminal is finished.

Hi Shaun,

I did install the last version 2.01, just buy it today.

Then i did run FS2004 and shutdown again.

Then I did install the update version 2.02

I did start again my FS2004 and see only into the database manager EDDF2008 activated.

But into my folder ....\aerosoft\ I see now also the folder EDDF_2008_LC

What I do with this folder, do I need to activate it also into my database manager of FS2004 and then put below EDDF2008 or do nothing with this folder ?

Yes it needs to be added to the scenery library but under the scenery entry for this airport.

Shawn, thanks for your advice. I had already downloaded yesterday in FS9, not done FSX yet as I wanted to see how things went. The first update stated amongst other things that German Airports Nr. 4 was not found, (was not installed). So this up-date may have not been needed. The second up-date asked if I had the D/L or CD version and to insert the key number. Installation went good. When checking the scenery I thought some building were missing opposite side of the airport from the main terminals. Checked my FSX, which I had not updated and found that it was similar, maybe the FSX was already updated to show the preparations for the new terminal, or am I just imagining things. As I had altered the FS9 Afcad I now in the process of doing it again as the updates gave me a new afcad because of the new runway. I have looked at the website of Frankfurt Airport Expansion programme with photo's and it seems that it is one BIG building site. When Aerosoft releases a new MAF how much of the new buildings will be shown or will there be an up-date every time a major project like the new terminal is finished.

As this is an external product by Sim-wings can not answer the question about what will and what wont be included.

Yes it needs to be added to the scenery library but under the scenery entry for this airport.

Ok thanks, but maybe software department will check the update 2.02, because during install this update version 2.02 doesn't make a new entry automatic into the scenery database of FS2004.

Most people don't know this and then something isn't activated for this update into your flightsim.

Hi

One more question.

If I have Scenery Germany 4 and UT Europe do I really need to activate EDDF LC folder?

Because few months ago I asked similar question:

http://forum.aerosof...__fromsearch__1

Thanks

Edin

Hi Edin,

Correct I got also Scenery Germany 4 installed.

I did activated also the EDDF2008_LC into my scenery database, but became a problem with the new update.

After approx. 5 min my fps drop down to 0-1 on Frankfurt airport.

So I deleted again this LC entry and now it's everything well with the new update.

I did check also the folder from Scenery Germany 4 and I see also there a file what's calling A402-113hes.

Now is coming the question, which one is the correct one ?

The A402-113hes (Scenery Germany 4) or the A402-113hes_5 (EDDF2008_LC).

Maybe someone can give me the answer.

Hi Shaun

Any answer for my question found within this post?

Did'nt find it necessary to start a new thread as my issue is similar.

Cheers

If you purchased it that long ago the chances are you have the old version for which the new runway updates wont work with it.

Hi Shaun,

after I've installed the upgrade of Frankfurt,in the fs9 and fsx my old Frankfurt disappared,so,i've deleted all the scenery and installed again but nothing change.I've lost my scenery.What shall I do to repair?I'ts enough remouve from" control panel" the scenery?

Please help me.

Best regards

Ugo

I can not find the update for EDDF. I have version3.20 for fs9 installed according to the latest version on my acounts page but

I took a look at the insaller and it says V201.exe.

In my support database the only update is Sevice pack1 and Static aircraft. Any ideas where the up date is?

I can not find the update for EDDF. I have version3.20 for fs9 installed according to the latest version on my acounts page but

I took a look at the insaller and it says V201.exe.

In my support database the only update is Sevice pack1 and Static aircraft. Any ideas where the up date is?

The updates are only available under the Mega Airport Frankfurt X update in the Updates Section.

The updates are only available under the Mega Airport Frankfurt X update in the Updates Section.

Hi Shaun

In FSX all fine.

My problems is now in fs9.I can't remove from fs9 (win 7 control panel program .....)the Frankfurt scenery,so,in chosing aerport appears "do not use ID EDER!"" I 've made the same procedure you have suggested,but in fs9 after update I 've lost airport scenery.

Thanks for help

Ugo

<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_337617" style="margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; float: right; font-size: 11px; ">

Hi Shaun

In FSX all fine.

My problems is now in fs9.I can't remove from fs9 (win 7 control panel program .....)the Frankfurt scenery,so,in chosing aerport appears "do not use ID EDER!"" I 've made the same procedure you have suggested,but in fs9 after update I 've lost airport scenery.

Thanks for help

Ugo

<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_337617" style="margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; float: right; font-size: 11px; ">