Can I edit some files myself so...

tup61

1. ...I can rid of the blinking message icon on the GPS? Where I fly that thing is blinking constantly...!

2. ... I get two people in the aicraft after resetting the plane? By default there is one pilot (110 pounds) in the plane: is it possible to edit some file so I always have two people (140 pounds each) in the plane, even after resetting it?

BTW This STILL is my default GA plane. In fact, it's the only addon GA I have installed! Best GA purchase ever, that's for sure! :)

Could be worse:

Could be that damn Prof. Ranichaga Banidongo still wanting to get that money out of ZImbabwe into the safety and security of my bank account... Good Lord man, with all that cash can't you just hire a plane..?

:big_boss_s:

Doesn't work here. I also have problems btw with switching radio freqs: instead of switching it does was it should do when you press and hold the button. Somehow the Katana isn't working as it should over here. I also found out that the Katana gvies me CTD's quite often... (every 15 to 30 minutes or so). That's a shame because it is my favorite airplane, but somehow too much doesn't work as it should...

Well, I did a reinstall when I got a complete new computer... and the problem is still there. Maybe I should redownload the installer (if possible).

EDIT

Well, I'll be darned... I go to the shopsite and see there is a version 1.03...? I checked this forum every now and then but only noticed talk about 1.02...? I am downloading 1.03 now. I am really curious if the switching on the radio's is working correctly now and if I can turn the messages off. Also curious is the CTD's are gone...

No luck. Uninstalled version 1.02, installed version 1.03: I still can't turn of the messages (which DOES work on other planes: I switched to another plane during flight and turned off the messages, I went back to the Katana... no luck), and clicking on the radio switch buttons is still seen as click and HOLD 3 out of 5 times... (I had this annoying problem ever since I bought the Katana... and on two different computers too!). Didn't have the time so see if the Katana gave me another CTD.

I just can't figure out what could be wrong here... :(

Likely candidate is a system resource issue - each of those `problem` areas is pulling its own slice of CPU time, and mebbe you're pushing things too far?

It's the same thing as the infamous `1000 instead of 100` autopilot issue of the `10 instead of 1` heading bug glitch.

Either that, or it's a mouse button thing.

Well, I only have that message and direct tuning problem with the Katana (other planes of course don't have direct tuning) and the CTD's are gone when I switch to for instance the Carenado F33. Is the Katana simply too heavy for my i7 2500- GTX580 - 8 GB ram - WIndows 7 64 bit system...? I can run the PMDG 737NGX without problems: no sticking mouse clicks and no CTD's.

But I opened a topic in the Problems/Bugs/Issues forum because that's a better place for all this.

I still would like to hear from Marcel if I can carve the default weight of both the pilot and passenger in stone somewhere... Having to click some thirty times to get the weights right for every flight is becoming very boring... I am sure those default numbers are stored somewhere! Please tell me where so I can change them to my liking.

Never mind, thanks to someone on Avsim I found the answer: he told me to look at the datacfg in there I found the options for weights I was looking for. For future reference I posted the solution here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/49858-pilot-and-passenger-weight/page__view__findpost__p__337221