When Loading Anchorage X - Aircraft Panel Problem

canadagoose

I have a strange problem here. I installed Anchorage X about a week ago and have flown in and out a couple of times with no problems. But today I decided to start a flight from PANC. I started FSX as usual, with the default Cessna running at KSEA. I changed the airport to PANC, gate 6C small with the Cessna. I then attempted to load the iFly 737-900 (Alaska livery) and the 2D cockpit showed guages missing, knobs, buttons, no flight displays etc. (I have the aircraft set to start with engines running). I thought maybe it was an aircraft problem, so I closed FSX and restarted as usual. This time I changed my airport to EHRD and when I loaded the iFly again everything was working fine. I even tried another Aerosoft airport, say EGLC and the iFly started nicely. To continue my testing I loaded the EGLC airport again and brought up the iFly successfully once again. I then changed the airport to PANC and the aircraft was loaded with engines running, everything was OK. Just to make sure, I once again tried to load the aircraft after starting FSX with the default flight. The Cessna loaded fine but the iFly panel was once again not successfully loaded. I also tried other aircraft and the same thing happened as far as the missing guages in the 2D panel are concerned. Maybe I didn't have a clean download originally as I have reinstalled twice already with the download I have. Maybe I'll redownload the product and see what happens.

Just a note: In the Scenery Library I have manually placed the Anchorage Terrain folder below the Main Anchorage folder. Is this OK? I don't think the install program automatically adjusts the Scenery Library. Also when loading PANC I notice that the load seems to hang longer than usual at about 36% or 37% when "Loading Terrain Data". To add: I've done some more testing and it's seems I am having problems loading the iFly 737 and Quality Wings 757. I have no problem with Wilco or Feelthere or PMDG. So there is something about these two aircraft that Anchorage does not like. Anyone else have similar problems with iFly or QW aircraft. This is after redownloading Anchorage X and re-installing.

Best Regards,

Tom

Thanks for the reply Shaun. Not overly impressive, I average 12-15fps using stock Anchorage which I have switched back to (temporarily disabled Anchorage X in library). Normally I hit my locked 35fps at high altitude less intensive areas. I have Windows XP Pro, Intel Q6600 Quad Core 2.4.ghz (Overclocked to 3.0ghz), RAM is 4GB (Physical RAM 3.2GB), and Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX 768mb. For some reason the scenery just cripples my rig.

Regards

Hello Tom,

Might be a resource issue, move half the scenery files out of the Anchorage scenery folder into a spare folder so it only loads so much of the scenery and then try loading the Ifly and then see if it loads, then keep adding more files back.

Just to test if it is a resource issue.

Hi Shaun, do you mean from the Anchorage Airport as well as the Anchorage Terrain folders? I'm currently trying something. I've removed the AES Lite files since I do not use it anyway. If I recall I tried AES a while back and my system didn't seem to get along with it.

Regards

Shaun, I think I might have found something. I removed several files (about half from each of the two folders). All the files in the "Anchorage Airport" scenery folder appear to be OK. I was able to load the iFly. I started adding back the files to the "Anchorage Terrain" scenery folder and everything went fine until I replaced the "Anchoragepart4.bgl (227,974kb) file. I was not able to load the iFly properly, the guages in the 2D panel were missing as reported in my first post. Maybe there is something about this file my system or the iFly does not like. Nonetheless, my frames for the airport are no higher than 6 fps, with or without the iFly loaded.

Regards

Hello Tom,

Try loading this file one file on its own and see what it actually shows in FSX. I'm also wondering if it might be something else too as it seems that no one else has reported this issue.

Could you also try backing up your fsx.cfg to a safe location and delete the original, then let FSX rewrite a new one on its next start.

Shaun, I did as asked. With this one file loaded I started up FSX and tried to load the iFly and I didn't notice this before, but there is no landing gear when I look at an outside view of the aircraft (iFly, the default cessna is OK). Since it is a terrain file I do not notice anything different in the scenery, the buildings and terminals are there. I cannot notice any changes to the terrain scenery.

Hello;

Have you used the PANC Traffic Tool,in there you can enable,and turn things off,to see which helps you,as for the ifly aircraft,did you run the config tool before launching the aircraft,I no this,because its hapened to me.

Mark