Would you believe it?

chav_34

During the course of 65 hours and not cleaning this aircraft I noticed that my max airspeed decreased over time I just assumed that it was due to engine wear though having a look at the engine condition lead me to believe it was not, and with my air speed maxing out at around 70 knots at low alt with full power.

I decided to give this aircraft a wash, though it took several to get it clean, once I got her back in the air she sliped through the air and once more the airspeed was between 100-110.

absolutely incredible for such a thing to be implemented in to this aircraft such detail in hard to believe.

Just had to say thanks marcel for such a deep involving aircraft may you continue along this path with your future projects. :excellenttext_s:

David Taylor

I know such feature is present in the sim but from 107 knots in normal condition to a 70 knots full power?

Man what kind of dirt was sticked to your aircraft?

Cant remember but 5% or 10% of total speed could be lost..............Please someone correct me!

Such careless with your Katana couldnt be forgiven!!! :lol:

Cheers

Hello Marcel,

I copyed the Dirt section of the Data.cfg file the only notable part of this was the Dirt Ground Spray which was more than 100 for each time that I cleaned the aircraft it removed about 100 of the total amount showen so it took some time to get it below 100% again after that the aircraft flew flawlessly.

[DIRT]

DIRT_INSECTS=100.000000

DIRT_FUSELAGE_FORWARD=0.000000

DIRT_FUSELAGE_REAR=0.000000

DIRT_WING_LEFT=100.000000

DIRT_WING_RIGHT=100.000000

DIRT_GEAR_LEFT=0.000000

DIRT_GEAR_NOSE=0.000000

DIRT_GEAR_RIGHT=0.000000

DIRT_CABIN=37.851750

DIRT_GARBAGE=0.000000

DIRT_SCRATCHES=0.000000

DIRT_GROUNDSPRAY=3877.544940

Hope this helps not sure if the ground spray in mean't to stop at 100 like the others

David Taylor