Mag compass indicates wrong direction after towing

rhys.pilot

I towed my DA20 a complete 180 today which is what I dont usually do and started flying when I realized I was going completely the wrong way, I checked to see if I had my DI alligned with the compass and it was. then I checked the magnetic direction with Shift Z and the magnetic compass was 180 out!

This happens every time I tow it with the tow bar, also I noticed when flying I have never once had gyro drift which in the realistic model which im running should happen

post-49401-0-29888000-1320436224_thumb.p

You may Have already done this, but the fact that you never get gyro drift whilst flying could relate to your settings.

In your Realism Settings make sure you tick "Enable Gyro Drift".

Malcolm

I have always had my settings on the most realistic flight sim has to offer, I checked though just to see and i do have the gyro drift enabled,

I love flying the da20 cause it reacts as close to the real aircraft as fs can get, + its cheaper to fly than going down and hiring a c152

I've had this one some times...

But as I've put an "unallowed" autopilot so I never complain about this.

Thinking it's my fault.

(XML mix)

-

Do you are in this situation ?

-

In an others words.

The GPS stay Ok, the "red" indications also...

And a Pi/2 calculation is not so hard.

When this append I live with.

-

I don't think that a 180° towing make the issue.

Any modification perhap's.

But only Marcel could status on that.

-

Have good flight !

Daniel.

Have you tried a repair on the avionics at all? It might be worth replacing a few parts one at a time, and see if anything changes. I had a gyro drift problem I couldn't solve until I replaced some parts in the maintenance hanger. Nothing indicated I had a problem, but replacing parts did the trick, so I must have broke something ;)

The biggest problem is the magnetic compass, it only seems to work when the batt is on, which is not realistic at all. seeing as a real mag compass is just a magnet floating in a solution and requires no power. this causes problems when towing cause you don't in real life tow an aircraft with the batt on and if you forget to turn it on and then tow the aircraft the mag compass shows the wrong direction completely and cant be aligned back with north

• 2 weeks later...