Suggestion for Final on Phase5

Andreas_W

what do you think if we all make the last flight together online? So we can land one after one. And everybody is flying the Default DC-3. Imagine this great picture of a half dozent DC-3 in the RTWC Livery on Final Approach to Andras Field and later all Aircraft parked next to each other on the Apron! And all our friends from this great Forum watching online how we're coming home! Folks, to be honest, with that in mind I'm getting sentimental!

what do you think if we all make the last flight together online? So we can land one after one. And everybody is flying the Default DC-3. Imagine this great picture of a half dozent DC-3 in the RTWC Livery on Final Approach to Andras Field and later all Aircraft parked next to each other on the Apron! And all our friends from this great Forum watching online how we're coming home! Folks, to be honest, with that in mind I'm getting sentimental!

I think that is a wonderful idea. We can discuss a time and day for the final flight, and we can disable FSFlyingSchool for the last leg, so we can do some serious runway-overflyings (inverted perhaps.... ???) and land like pearls on a string.

Guys,

let me know when. Although I'm not flying with you around the world, I am flying the London - Melbourne race from 1934 with the DC2 PH-AJU. I'll happily push the crate into the Tardis at Jakarta to join you for a joint DC2 / DC3 flyby and landing at EAFS.

Yes, by all means! I've been proposing this for quite some time! I'm IN!

I would love to but, as you know, I just can't get online and, despite all sorts of things being tried, I'm no closer to a solution. Unless we use VATSIM - I can get on there no problem.

It's just occurred to me that Phase 5 will have us flying back into Europe as Winter sets in - assuming you fly with real weather settings (I do) it could make things interesting. Get your alternates ready... :lol:

Edit: FSFS, of course, won't like you diverting to an alternate due to weather - perhaps something the Devs could look at providing as an in-flight option - maybe a keystroke to say you are diverting to an alternate airport that you have pre-defined in your flight plan? If FSFS is linked to the FSX weather engine it could even suggest it if neccessary - and maybe give points for deciding to do so...

• Upvote 1