pondering?!?!

James A

Just wondering as to what's envisaged for this scenery add-on or has it died it's natural death?!?! The reason I ask is that it feels/sounds like it's in the throws of a natural death.... I did have a discussion (of sorts) with someone else within the community as to what could/couldn't be done but even he has seemed to have fallen off the radar!

The actual fora has seemed to have come to a close, OLE, pipe up and respond with a constructive reply (of sorts).......

Some of us are involved in the Round The World Challenge, so not much time for normal flying out of Andras. Even if I had the time, I can't get online using the Aerosoft multiplayer setup, so I would be on my own anyway. When the RTWC is over, you may find people are back.

Just wondering as to what's envisaged for this scenery add-on or has it died it's natural death?!?! The reason I ask is that it feels/sounds like it's in the throws of a natural death.... I did have a discussion (of sorts) with someone else within the community as to what could/couldn't be done but even he has seemed to have fallen off the radar!

The actual fora has seemed to have come to a close, OLE, pipe up and respond with a constructive reply (of sorts).......

James. Hi there. Long time since I heard from you. Good to see you back. :excellenttext_s:

Andras Field is NOT dead. Let me start by saying that. I am in contact with Andras often, and several things are in the molder. Any day now, we are going to release a new version, with a brand new VA-terminal for instance. We have upcoming growing-plans, with Andras Field Village for instance, and more of the kind. We are working on the possibility to make a second runway for Andras Field...

We are a small but steady group flying around the world at the moment - should finish before Christmas, and then we are going to invite new people into the team of people who actually want to make decisions of how and where Andras Field is to go.

But James... I am not the one who can keep the place alive - YOU are James. You and yours. By sticking here and contributing.

• Upvote 1

Some of us are involved in the Round The World Challenge, so not much time for normal flying out of Andras. Even if I had the time, I can't get online using the Aerosoft multiplayer setup, so I would be on my own anyway. When the RTWC is over, you may find people are back.

Hi Ian,

Yes, I realise that and appreciate folk are busy in completing it. I was a tad late in picking up on this one (work commitments and such) to participate. Hope you are all having fun while competing etcetera... As to your ongoing issue with getting into a session I'll ponder more over this one and see if I can come up with anything for you. Just as an afterthought on this though, have you tried setting up a new account within Gamespy?

James. Hi there. Long time since I heard from you. Good to see you back. :excellenttext_s:

Yep, been a while as just have enough time in the day to whiz through posts but hope to get a bit more hands on (so to speak) now.

Andras Field is NOT dead. Let me start by saying that. I am in contact with Andras often, and several things are in the molder. Any day now, we are going to release a new version, with a brand new VA-terminal for instance. We have upcoming growing-plans, with Andras Field Village for instance, and more of the kind. We are working on the possibility to make a second runway for Andras Field...

Just seemed that way but I'll take your word that things are progressing. Looking forward to the next version. Heard some place that a second runway was in the making and that being the case then maybe you can get in touch with the guy's over in Navigraph to add Andras into their monthly cycles (will then save me having to update my files every month manually) :D

We are a small but steady group flying around the world at the moment - should finish before Christmas, and then we are going to invite new people into the team of people who actually want to make decisions of how and where Andras Field is to go.

Wasn't this how it started until it was decided that the crew was to large and it was filtered back?

But James... I am not the one who can keep the place alive - YOU are James. You and yours. By sticking here and contributing.

True, and I'm here, and contributing (hopefully)....

James

Thanks for being here and contributing. Its needed and appreciated.

The small group are "just" users. As for the board, Yes we were originally seven, then five, then three, and... well I seem to be the only one left - but only at the moment. As I said, very soon, Aerosoft is going to ask for a couple of new ones to boost the place a little.

New ideas are always welcome. I know we could use a guy with the talent for making missions, and create some cool events that way, and with the upcoming "suburbs" to Andras Field, It is my sincere hope that we get a few more people here again, and then the GameSpy online server might fill up some too.

It´s almost Christmas, so its the season for wishing at least. ;)

See you around James

Hi Ian,

Yes, I realise that and appreciate folk are busy in completing it. I was a tad late in picking up on this one (work commitments and such) to participate. Hope you are all having fun while competing etcetera... As to your ongoing issue with getting into a session I'll ponder more over this one and see if I can come up with anything for you. Just as an afterthought on this though, have you tried setting up a new account within Gamespy?

Yes, I tried the new Gamespy ID trick, but still no go.

• 2 weeks later...

Any day now, we are going to release a new version, with a brand new VA-terminal for instance.

Here's to a bit more contribution :) . When is the new version intended to be released?? Just curious as this post is relatively old in relation to your reply wouldn't you think?

What is the best software add-on (out of curiosity) for creating missions etcetera? May ponder over that one for a while..... depending on the reply. It would also be assumed that everyone would have the same scenery/aircraft etcetera??

James...

Any day now. Only couple of sidetrack of real life has prevented a release yet...

As for missions - I don´t know which program is best. I know flight1 has one and FSAddon has another, but I haven´t any of them, so I couldn´t say.

I don´t know what you mean about people needing the same aircraft/scenery.... Missions can be made with default aircraft OR so you can change aircraft... as for scenery - I guess it won´t necessarily make much difference. I have bought several mission packages, and never had any problems with scenery...

James...

Any day now. Only couple of sidetrack of real life has prevented a release yet...

As we all get from time to time.....

As for missions - I don´t know which program is best. I know flight1 has one and FSAddon has another, but I haven´t any of them, so I couldn´t say.

Will have a look into them then.

I don´t know what you mean about people needing the same aircraft/scenery.... Missions can be made with default aircraft OR so you can change aircraft... as for scenery - I guess it won´t necessarily make much difference. I have bought several mission packages, and never had any problems with scenery...

Understood, I know some that have been made where you can't change.. No doubt when I look into it I will be able to figure things out....

• 3 weeks later...