Diamond DA20-100 Katana problems

Sheppard

Hello!

I'm french, so I don't speak english very well... I have problems with the Diamond DA20-100 Katana. I have these problems:

sansre1dyc.jpg

(Sometimes, not always)

sansre2a.jpg

(Sometimes, not always)

When I end the flight, FSX doesn't return on free flight menu, it closes...

sansre3t.jpg

(always)

Thanks to answer me!

Good evening!

Sheppard

I may be wrong but I have had this in the past and for me it was my ram reaching its limit so I turned down my settings in fsx and I have not had this issue since doing so.

Hope this helps some what.

David Taylor

If lowering the settings doesn't help, you could try the following parameter in the fsx.cfg. Find it at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX when running Win7 or Vista. Make a backup of the current file and then edit it with a text editor.

In the [GRAPHICS] section, add

HIGHMEMFIX=1[/CODE]

This parameter isn't there as default.

It won't harm anything on your system, in fact it even increases FSX' stability when handling high settings and detailed planes like the Katana. It works best with 64 bit operation systems, but may also help on the 32 bit ones.

For more things, I'd suggest posting some system details. The Katana needs a bit more RAM than the ordinary GA planes, so you shouldn't be too limited there.

Then you probably need to rebuild the shader cache or if you have installed new drivers recently, clear the FSX.cfg of the repeated entries AND refresh the shader cache. Or it might be the antialiasing setting.

Also, screenshot no. 1 shows you about to blow up or cause serious harm to the engine. I hope you are flying in Simple mode!

Yep, seen that before, not with the Katana but with several different high detail models in the past. It's connected to FSX using up all the video memory caused by repeatedly changing viewpoint (forcing it to re-render the scene over and over and hence filling the memory quicker) I believe. Since adding HIGHMEMFIX=1 in my cfg I haven't seen it since, and that was more than a year ago!

Regards,

Tom