November Screenshot Competition

... so for every ones joy i just think it means use the view FS provide

As not everybody knows how to produce such beatiful shots out of the inside of the tower (with the radar-screens etc...), i guess it is meant like most of us here have taken it. Use the default tower view predefined in FS

With this, please back to topic :groupflip_s:

Regards,

I don't know how broad you take 'tower view'. That's why I show this picture uncropped and unresized.

Screenshot taken from the bridge of the Wasp class amphibious assault ship (that comes with Aerosoft's Seahawk add-on) while the carrier was in the English Channel. I just landed the VRS Superbug on the deck.

I love how the distance makes the carriers size very apparent.

post-27881-0-64334500-1321308228_thumb.j

i guess it is meant like most of us here have taken it. Use the default tower view predefined in FS

And please include the "Tower View" information in the upper right corner. It makes it easier for me when I'm going through them first of the month to pick the two winners.

Thank you. ;)

And please include the "Tower View" information in the upper right corner. It makes it easier for me when I'm going through them first of the month to pick the two winners.

Thank you. ;)

I have taken my picture from tower view, but the information is not included. Do I have to do it again or do you accept it without? :bow_down2_s:

Thank you. ;)

You noticed us this very early you know? That would mean that almost everyone could make a new picture!

Do I have to do it again or do you accept it without?

You noticed us this very early you know? That would mean that almost everyone could make a new picture!

Nobody needs to redo their shots, and those without the information will be accepted. I happen to be in agreement with Airbasil, there are shots posted that do not appear to fit the theme. If you're confident with what you posted, leave it there.

• Upvote 3

Thank you. ;)

I think the both winners of this competition will be post number #2, #4 or #20!

I happen to be in agreement with Airbasil

Thanks a lot to confer this honour on me!

A view from Brisbane Tower down to the Virgin Blue and Jetstar gates at the Domestic Terminal.

post-27467-0-89280900-1321776128_thumb.j

Scenery: FTX YBBN

Aircraft: PMDG 737NGX

Ultimate Traffic 2

Good Luck all,

Matt

There seems to be some confusion of this month's theme which in retrospect, is understandable. I think Shaun took the suggestion of Tower Views from post #37 in http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/28777-screenshot-theme-ideas/ which was a suggestion made by myself. In the same thread someone in post #15 suggested ATC views (shots taken from a tower/controller perspective) which is what I feel most of you have posted screen shots of, whereas, my suggestion of Tower Views means a screen shot capture whereby the control tower is captured within the shot, either a complete view or a partial view (as with shots that are taking from within the tower or right next to it showing at least part of the tower). For instance, if the theme was Engine View for this month, people would have been taking screen shots showing all or part of an aircraft's engine NOT a screen shot showing the view point AWAY from the engine.

Anyways, I personally feel it is too late to rectify this situation and many have already put in much effort into their screen shot captures. My best suggestion is that Bruce allows for both types to be accepted for this month's theme, so that way we all have valid screen shots and a chance to win, or whatever the judge feels what is best for this competition.

For future reference, Tower Views (shots showing whole or part of the control tower) and ATC Views (shots showing view 'FROM' the air traffic control tower).

Good luck all.

• Upvote 1

I personally understood that I should take a shot from the tower, so that the airport area is visible, the gates, the airplanes etc....! I guess it's too late to change my screenshot right?

• Upvote 1

My best suggestion is that Bruce allows for both types to be accepted for this month's theme, so that way we all have valid screen shots and a chance to win, or whatever the judge feels what is best for this competition.

Shaun's initial posting does specify a flightsim picture taken from the tower of the airport, so unless he tells me otherwise, I have to judge based on that. I don't believe it would be fair to reward someone who didn't follow the theme, sorry.

• Upvote 1

@Bruce will my shot have to be redone?

Did you take the screenshot from the tower view? If yes you can leave it as it is. If not you might do a similar picture, but from the tower view this time.

I took it from the tower view but, it didn't look right so I manually moved my camera as close as I could get it to the tower, and then took a screenshot of the airport so you could see all the traffic, and not just my plane. Does that make sense at all?